England v Ukraine - Ashley Cole

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by box-of-frogs, Apr 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :x Was i the only person to watch the match last night and spend half of it swearing at Ashley Cole? Not because he's an arrogant c0ck, but because he simply can't pass the ball! FFS, how many simple passes did he knock to the opposition? Fancy flicks that went straight to the feet of a Ukrainian? Long balls to no-one? Granted he made a couple of solid tackles but that's the minimum that you expect from a supposedly international standard left back!

Am I making it up in my mind simply because I can't stand him or was he actually sh1te?

2. I think you are being a bit harsh. With Gerrard in front of him in a free role, he had the entire left midfield to deal with on his todd. Also I though he made a couple of good contributions. He didnt have his best game, but you have to ask yourself; at the moment, is there anyone better?

3. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Cole was shite, gave the ball up in stupid positions on numerous occasions and was pretty much shite.

4. Leighton Baines or Wayne Bridge?

5. He wasnt great but i thought he performed better than others last night, Barry was awful, and Lennon was useless, why cant this guy cut in when running at defenders? always goes outside and fluffs his crosses, i think we were missing SWP on the right. Back on the subject atleast cole was running with the ball when he found space - unlike johnson, who was more obsessed with jst spinning on the ball and passing it bk to the goalie :x

6. I'd agree that Johnson was poor. Stood as still as a statue for the goal. Didn't look confident. Ditto for Lennon. How many times did David Pleat go on about penetration? 8O

It was Cole's passing that got to me last night. Maybe it's because I can't stand the arrogant little pr1ck, I'm not sure, but he was nowhere near good enough last night. A Div 1 performance in an international. That said, several others were similarly dire. Barring the rash challenge, I thought Rooney was good, Crouch played well, Terry was ok. Mediocre to just about good enough for many others.

7. Baines - years off
    Bridge - Injured and will be for a while

8. Fair one about Bridge. But if the current left back clearly isn't good enough then it's time to give Baines a start or two. We've got 2 'relatively easy' games coming up. Time for some new blood!

9. yeah Rooney was MOTM in my opinion. Did you hear David Pleat when Shev scored for them "And hes rolled back the years with that goal" ....
    He was 8 yards out! and its not like he skipped past 3 players then chipped the goalie :slow: is there any commentator at the moment who doesnt chat utter bollocks?

10. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Not a great performance by many - Barry & Calamity where by far the worst.

11. Owen Hargreaves once hes back to fitness.

Cole should have been playing right wing for the Ukraine with the number of balls he played to their forwards

12. Pleat is an utter nob of the highest order.. the guy talks complete c0ck.

13. Again, I think you are being a little harsh. I think most of the side looked a little rusty except for Roonie who, if we are honest, was lucky to stay on the pitch as was Barry. I also think we need to look at Goalkeepers - James is passed his best

14. You can tell it's not the Naafi,no one has mentioned his wife yet.

15. Ah yes, Calamity......... If only Shay Given were English................ Who would be your choice? Foster? Carson? Robinson?