England v RSA, RWC 20/10/07

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Auld-Yin, Oct 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

OK guys, time to show your colours.

As I have said previously, I will support the northern hemisphere team that got to the final. Therefore

COME ON ENGERLAND!!!!

Not something I say very often but I will definitely be shouting for them tonight - however, the teams I back usually lose :oops: Hopefully my luck will change but hands on heart I think a fair score of 20+ points to RSA and England getting 6 or 9 through kicks. I don't think they will cross the RSA line. I have been known to be wrong though 8)

predictions on the back of a £20 note to the usual address.

AY

2. 21-19 to Jonny.

Wilkinson, not Foreigner.

3. RSA - 23 Engerland - 26 (thinks Johnny will have a good kicking game due to the pressure of the event - 12 points alone from pens and 4 from both converted tries) 8)

Whatever the result this is gonna be one hell of an ugly game :wink:

4. Sorry guys, time for some realism. RSA 24 - Engerland 15

5. Anyone thinking back to the 36-0 drubbing would think so also Bob but I think RSA will go into the match as the Ozzies and the Frogs (and indeed the Kiwis went into their last game) did, i.e. with that expectance as favourites, I think the guts and passion of the team and the 60,000 England fans packed into the stadium and surrounding streets 'Egging' 8) them on will create another surprise. 8O

6. Don't know.
    We have some experienced big match players. They have been there and done it. Jonny has changed the team beyond description and it is now clear that we have no No10 that is even remotely close to him.
    S Africa are the better side, but that doesn't neccesarily mean anything, or the All Blacks would be in the final.
    England have a great momentum, and I see a parallel between them and the Greece national team in Euro 2004.
    We shall see.

7. Well guys, one man doesn't make a team. Yes, Johnny does have impact but reading the propaganda for the last week they are laying far too much at his feet (pun intended). SA are very well aware the team they faced 36 days ago is not the team they will face tonight. Johnny will be targeted, as will Percy and Habana - it's the team with other options that will win. My personal opinion is that Engalnd have less options than SA.

Edited for mong type.

8. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

I thought it was Ingerlund

9. Oh! and this is speaking as a Scottish supporter but I can't think of a team this current World Cup who deserve or want this more, I'm hoping they do it and achieve what no other team has done so far with the back to back wins and it will rub a bit more salt into the wounds suffered so far by the 'Expectant Southern Hemisphere' working with several Ozzies in Iraq last year and experiencing the arrogance they all displayed on a daily basis especially with respect to Rugby I for one celebrated each teams exit with a passion :wink:

10. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

:clap: :twisted:

11. It is an 80 minute shootout.
    France tried to target Wilkinson last week, but the solidity of the English pack put the mockers on that. You don't think that the English won't realise that the Boks will target Jonny and take steps to neutralise that?
    I agree that S Africa have more options, but I think the stifling nature of the English game might choke them.

12. Gundulph, I must agree with you England has shown it's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog that counts. SA have put just as much into this and WANT it so bad they can taste it. They realise that after this world cup things will change in SA rugby and quotas will be enforced rigourously and they may not be here again for 3-4 world cups.

13. Must admit though Bob, if SA win there will be no hard feelings as they also didnt expect to be the winner with the Ozzies and Kiwis strong favourites from Day One, the security team we had towards the end of the contract out there were actually all South Africans and a great bunch of guys, a darn site more trustworthy and capable as our protection team than several (not all!) of the American Team we had previously! almost to a man they had fought in the Bush Wars... so if you win, fair one and full respect deserved!!!

14. Gundulph, I think which ever way it goes, it is going to be one GREAT game of rugby.