England v Netherlands

So, now thats over what were your thoughts on the game ladies and gents? I'll start the ball rolling by saying Welbeck shouldn't of started, maybe not even been on the bench, Formation was all wrong, and Joe Hart didn't exactly look his best. Sturridge, Cahill, Baines and Richards had an awesomegame. How is the team shaping up for the future and what sort of squad are we reckoning for the Euros?!

Hopefully now that we have lost we won’t get a great British Press campaign demanding the ‘British Lion/Bulldog (note the word British) Pearce get the job full time.

Brian Clough was right, he wasn’t good enough to play for England and he isn’t good enough to manage England. He will be another in a long line of great English management failures.

As for the crook Redknap, he can f*ck off too

While we have a press that dominates everything we will never be contenders for anything more than gallant losers.

Decent game. Good entertainment. I think Sturridge is international quality.

I ******* hate Arjen Robben. Always have. Always will

Hopefully now that we have lost we won’t get a great British Press campaign demanding the ‘British Lion/Bulldog (note the word British) Pearce get the job full time.

Brian Clough was right, he wasn’t good enough to play for England and he isn’t good enough to manage England. He will be another in a long line of great English management failures.

As for the crook Redknap, he can f*ck off too

While we have a press that dominates everything we will never be contenders for anything more than gallant losers.
Who should we have?
I'm not bothered about Redknapp and his tax dodging exploits more the fact he's won next to **** all compared to Capello or Eriksson.
As ever, the press only gives the public what it wants.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Oh dear, how sad, never mind.

It's only wendyball after all :)

Who should we have?
I'm not bothered about Redknapp and his tax dodging exploits more the fact he's won next to **** all compared to Capello or Eriksson.
As ever, the press only gives the public what it wants.
Couldn’t agree more (the shock of it :) )
Capello and Eriksson have indeed been amongst our most successful managers but the nation (sports writers) pine for the great passionate Englishman, remember Keegan.

The best men, in my opinion, Ferguson, Mourinho even Wenger (ending his time at club level). Not a chance though, so we will get King Harry, who will come in, over achieve for a while and after he has moved on we will find out he has hocked the family silver for the short term success. The man has form !

Even better than that England got battered by the Cloggies, what's not too like?
Could have been worse, we could have lost to Costa coffee, and we could have been mourning a man who died in a terrible sex game accident (allegedly). Even worse than that we could have recent appointed Chris Coleman as manager :)

Football is the sport of puffs and hats.
Now stop that..its silly. In these modern and enlightened times you can no longer refer to people who have different sexual orientation to you or I as 'puffs'. They have rights to be protected against homophobic bigots ..... the general population would be be 'shocked' and 'outraged and bring the full power of the law against you if they heard you.

Mind you you have a point -I cant stand the dirty pillow biting,hamster chuffing, reach around,faggoty mincing queers either. cnuts

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
Any reason why every **** keeps calling them 'Netherlands' instead of Holland? Don't care if its their real name, it just sounds wrong.

Pearce out, Redknapp in. The dodgy, bung taking, tax evading bastard. Probably still the best man for the job though. Kind of like Hodgson, but with a personality.

Could have been worse, we could have lost to Costa coffee, and we could have been mourning a man who died in a terrible sex game accident (allegedly). Even worse than that we could have recent appointed Chris Coleman as manager :)
Maybe, but we have come to terms that we will always be shit, when will you?

I wouldn't really call it a puffs sport. However i agree that what is referred to as "the beautiful game" is in fact predominantly now an acting contest. Diving at every opportunity really pisses me off. The referee's are slacker than ever and it would seem most seem to cave in when faced with 10 shouting players in their face. I think on the whole we had a pretty good performance. Unfortunately our biggest and only issue was Robben. The guy is particularly talented and our young and relatively inexperienced defense can't afford to give a guy like that, that much space.

Would Harry Redknapp be the right choice for manager, personally i don't think so, but the FA have already unleashed the media juggernaut in his favour. However, we need a manager with passion, and at least one that is gonna get off his overpaid arse to at very least throw his fist in the air when his boys score. Capello just sat there. And Pierce was the least animated bloke in the stadium. So i don't think he's right either. Many people would disagree but i don't think Martin O'neil would be a bad choice, he does wonders with every team he touches.

PLease let it be Redknapp.

I'm dying to see what the melted well faced **** will do when he's getting handed his arse by the likes of Joachim Lowe. As for how they'll do in the Euros?

Terribly I hope, after winding the nation up to a fine fever pitch. Get this through your thick skulls ingurlund fans. The association that runs the game in this country isn't interested in national success, that's simply so passe. They're interested in ensuring that their massive salaries are continuously inflated by Sky Money and you mugs paying over a fiver for a ******* Hot Dog having shelled out the best part of a oner to sit in the gods and watch a bunch of unpromising cloggers play football that was outdated 20 years ago, be plucky losers again to a team that whilst theoretically being worse than us (it must be true, Fifa said so - arf), are clearly a country mile in front in terms of pace, team selection, technique, tactics and any other area that actually matters on a football pitch.

But we must be in with a chance! The esteemed brethren of Football writers said so! The same people who get their junkets abroad from the FA, depend upon the FA for any access whatsoever to the players and manager in order to fill the nations back pages with the latest Wittgensteinian musings of a fella who freely admits he can barely read (and not too strong with maths as it turns out) and happily play cheerleader / PR consultant for them as and when required because they are "on the inside".

Wake up. Without root and branch reform of the FA from the County level upwards your going to be a bunch of plebs with an out of tune band and shite plastic St Georges cross bedecked bowler hats watching your team lose again to Johnny Foreigner. We might have given the world the game, but by **** they left us behind beards ago.