England -v- Holland Soccer game

Is it coincidental that England are playing cr@p in defence after a winning streak with the fact that the indolent Ferdinand is back in the team and look like losing at half time?

Lak of concentration, lack of willingness to take responsibility in defence- hopefully Capello is giving them all a big kick up the arrse as I write, especially Ferdinand...

much better second half, some good balls from Frank lampard and some nice stuff from Defoe, Carlton Cole and Milner...woulda won it handsomely if they'd been switched on to it in the first half!

cow741 said:
who the f'ck calls it soccer?
About 346 million Americans and 30 million Canadians to name but a few.

lucky for engerland that the dutch sacked it for the second half.

CRmeansCeilingReached said:
Spank-it said:
cow741 said:
so, a bunch of people who know fuck all about the sport call it by that name... you including yourself in that category...? :?
Everyone knows what it's really called.

"Hello Mrs Smith, is your Billy coming out to play togger?"

The local team where I live is called Hull City or, to give them their full title:
Hull City Nil

A_Knocker_Till_The_End said:
I'd say the dutch goals in the first half came from Ferdinand and Barry's errors rather then the Dutch playing especially well...oh well, here we go, 9 months of rising excitement, the creeping belief that 'maybe we can really do it this time' followed by inevitable crushing disappointment when we go out in the quarter finals!

Bradstyley said:
A_Knocker_Till_The_End said:
I'd say the dutch goals in the first half came from Ferdinand and Barry's errors rather then the Dutch playing especially well...oh well, here we go, 9 months of rising excitement, the creeping belief that 'maybe we can really do it this time' followed by inevitable crushing disappointment when we go out in the quarter finals!
happens everytime. tenner for Ronaldo to put england out. AGAIN.

Spank-it said:
cow741 said:
twice that many think Allah is the one true god, doesnt make em right does it. Its football.

As I saw it, the two Dutch goals were gifts from Ferdinand and Barry (the two Manc teams combining well). Other than that, I didn't see much of a threat from them. Second half, Defoe and Cole certainly caused them problems. Cole played a blinder and has the ability to hold the ball up as well as play a little bit. I would defiantly select him over Heskey/Crouch any day

Mr_Deputy said:
Why so s*** in the first half? Terrible control and passing. Dutch not a great team but they had much better control.
I miised alot of second half (not option) so I'm guessing we played better but if we were playing a better team than crazyshee Holland we may have gone into second half with more damage to us than just two goals.
Well, the dutch are 3rd in Fifa rankings (admittedly a bit of an eccentric ranking system) right now, and have already qualified for next year, only brazil and spain are ranked above them so its not so bad! But it just so many dissappointments drag us down, I was so fcuked off with it after McClarenI tried to give up England and only worry about club football, but what can you do? Its an addiction!

Sounds like a plan! certainly no entourage of WAGs this time around, an isolated training camp with no distractions from football would be the first thing I'd demand as Capello. '06 was a bit embarassing in that regard, that horde of harpies following the team around like it was a Hello magazine shoot, utterly ridiculous. Another thing I'd like to see is more effort put into psychological hardening of the players- one of the most disgusting things I ever saw from an England player was when we got knocked out of the euro qualifiers by Croatia- when that own goal went in, Micah Richards head just dropped and didn't come up for the rest of the match, he just bottled it and jacked it in, some of them are too soft mentally and expect success as a right and not to have to earn it.

I hope they continue in the same vein of the first half for the tournament (four matches), then after a few weeks of wailing and gnashing of teeth we can get back to the rightful position of england being toss.

I am sick and tired of the whole charade. Oh and Stevie G - they were ace last night without you - I don't suppose you would consider doing a Carra?