England v France 13/10/07

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Auld-Yin, Oct 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

OK guys lets have a call on the score tonight.

Personally I am split in my loyalties as I have a brother who married a French lass and has settled there so I have relations in France yet none in England. So, for official status I will class myself as a neutral (ish).

My prediction, and this is not based on any national bias, but the state of the nations IMHO - 12 - 20 to France.

Apart from the usual abuse (sorry banter :wink: ) let's hear your predictions.

p.s. Scotland will cuff Ukraine at Hampden this afternoon.

2. Have to agree with you, A-Y

3. I'm from Scotland myself Auld-Yin, but will well and truly be backing England today, lets hope the froggies go the same way as the Aussies and Kiwis who also thought getting to the Final would be a piece of cake and very wrongly expected to get there!!! W**kers...

Edited to add Score Prediction: France 24 England 30 8O

4. 17 - 13 to England but France get the first try. No matter what England have proved all the pundits wrong. On top of my little chart (yes an anorak) I predicted Eng v NZ & Arg v SA semis.

Now who could bet on the final with any certainty.

JJ

5. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

I have to say England, purely out of loyalty.

However, all the talk is currently about the proposed England / South Africa final - a lot of people have already forgotton there is at least 80 minutes of frog stuffing to be had first.

So unfortunately, I fear we may get humped.

6. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

England winning by 3, despite not scoring a try in a dull, uninspiring grind of a game.

All points courtesy of WonderBoy's boot.

As usual.

7. Oh and for that "other" sport I think it's call fannyball; Come on Estonia :twisted:

8. I'm in Afghanistan at the moment. The game isn't on here 'til 2330hrs, you lucky gits get to see it at 2000 BST. Don't post the scores, it'll spoil it for me!

Thanks lads,

SS

9. Very hard call to make.

My heart will always say England, but my head isn't going one way or tuther. The big Q: can France raise their game to the same monumental heights that they achieved against the chokers from NZ? Yesterday, Ellisade quoted" are bodies are tired and we are feeling the after effects of the game against the AB". England know how to play France and how to wind them up, the pressure on France will be immense, although the vocal support for England should dominate the terraces; will this transpire onto the Gladiators Arena?

For England, St George and the Queen.

10. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear :D :twisted: :D :twisted: :D :twisted: :D

May I suggest that you may not want to Log On until after you have watched the game :wink:

England by 8 points

11. Doesn't matter what the score is or how we win as long as England win. Tight 5 will be more important tonight than last week as the french have a decent pack Sackey and Easter for tries, if there are any.

12. England 13 - France 10. First try to France... :D
    BUT - I've got a nasty feeling they may take out Wilkinson in the 1st half & if they do it'll all go t*ts up :cry:

13. I think that France will have it if they play a good game. I also think that the Argentinians may turn of the South Africans :)

14. England 20 - France 13

A close match with a draw ( 1 converted try and two penalties each) until the closing 10 minutes and England will score a breakaway try to seal a victory.

Heres hoping!!!!!