England v Australia Down Under

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Leather_Wacker, Oct 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The greatest sporting rivalry commences next month when England head Down Under for a repeat performance of the glorious summer of 2005 when the Aussies were royally humped by Flintoff and Co.

Can they do it? Too many injuries? And will Monty fever go on to the next level?

2. Got my tickets to the MCG on Boxing Day

3. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

I'm a realist. We're boned.

4. I was lucky enough to go to a Boxing Day Test at the MCG. The ground was under reconstruction at the time so capacity was reduced, but it was fantastic.

The barmy army, who until then I'd thought were cricket's version of football hooligans, were magnificent. They comprehensively out-sang the home crowd, who were limited to chanting 'go Aussie go', with their numerous witty ditties.

Depending on the exact date I might make the Adelaide Test this year.

To answer your questions though, I think they can do it but it's never easy. And Monty is fast becoming a national treasure.

5. SB and anyone else with tickets has me weeping into my computer with jealousy. Early mornings in front of sky sports for me with everyone asking what the fuss is all about and that cricket is boring, until of course it gets interesting and England are on top.

6. SB and anyone else with tickets has me weeping into my computer with jealousy. Early mornings in front of sky sports for me with everyone asking what the fuss is all about and that cricket is boring, until of course it gets interesting and England are on top.

7. A few mates and my brother and I have attended at least 1 day of the Sydney test every year since Adam was batting at no5 ..... well, since the late 1980s anyway.

I missed out the year my first born arrived, at Wifey's request, as the Sydney test and the final days of that pregnancy overlapped .... and I'll be missing this year too, but not for want of trying!

The ACB (or its new marketing consultant idiotic name Cricket Australia) has completely stuffed up ticketing for this tour, for both English fans visiting and for loyal locals like me. They know who purchased tickets in the past - shouldn't those buyers have had first dibs? We are the ones who filled seats for less anticipated tours .... but we're in the luck (or lack of luck) of the draw with all those jumping on this tour's bandwagon; folks who won't buy tickets after this year....

Presumably the ACB believes folks like me will keep buying tickets to all the future tours by Bangladesh and Zim. I wonder how many of us have been sufficiently angered by this debacle to say: "Nope, I'll stay at home with the wide-screen telly on, real full-strength beer in the fridge, and bugger the ACB"

Anyway [/RANT]

I hope the series is as close run and hard fought as the 2005 series. Naturally I want the Australians to regain the Ashes but if England hold onto them in a 3-2, each test to Day 5 or similar series, then BULLY! for England.