England Not To Compete In Commonwealth Games

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by the_guru, Dec 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I suppose The Scottish, Irish and Welsh will be ok then.

If England don't tip up, I hope it doesn't provoke a backlash against local business's whose owners have a foriegn accent.

2. I see we are winning the war on terrorism, it's when we pull out of these event's terry wins.

3. Sounds like a bit strategic communications to gee up the Indians in order to sort their act out.
    "Take our advice on security else we're not coming".

4. I can't see the Indians having the place ready in time anyway, their preparations are a shambles. My money is on the games getting switched to another country.

The Chief minister for the games Delia Dikshit (cool name :lol: ) admits she has been reduced to praying that Dehli can successfully host the games.

5. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Sheila not Delia, you twonk! :D

Other than that I totally agree. India needs to extract its digit quickly, or this will end up as a farce.

6. Woops, your right. I do feel Delia goes better though. :lol:

7. Whats wrong with a quick dash in body armour?

8. Looks like they are going after all, England's Commonwealth Games chief has denied they will pull out of the 2010 event in India over security concerns. Link

9. So England, the home of the Commonwealth, won't compete in the Commonwealth Games. Pathetic really.

Edited for idiocy.

10. I think you mean the UK is the home of the Commonwealth don't you?

11. It'll save the red faces when we don't win anything.

12. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

No dramas - athletics is w@nk anyway.

13. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

There's nothing new under the sun. The England badminton team took their shuttle-cock home in August from the World Championship in Bangalore citing security fears, leaving the Welsh and Scots to crack on with it.

14. They will have to go otherwise they won't qualify as heroes and get Knighthoods and other honours and go on to advertise breakfast cereal and have a heroes parade and earn mega bucks.....