England for the World Cup!

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by error_unknown, Nov 21, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Saw this historic quote.... it appealed to me...

eighteenth century french traveller

"They will break panes of glass and smash the windows of coaches, and also knock you down without the slightest compunction. On the contrary, they will roar with laughter".

(Upon attending a football game in 18th century England)
  2. sounds like the peggy on a friday night!!
  3. Ah the Peggy... What a pleasant place for cocktails of an evening... Mind you the GT was a place to discuss art and philosophy too... whatever happened to 5's as well?
  4. p. j. o’rourke

"Mortar fire is to be preferred, of course, to British sports fans."
  5. oh how the times change.......................many an evening was filled with the joys of shakespear recitals and the ever so assuring ching of a glass or two of pimms
  6. Ah Peggy, I feel quite moved to tears by the memory of it all dont you know (Sniffle)
  7. sad to see its now an internet cafe!!
  8. Instead of the Gay bar it used to be?
  9. Private Pike.... did you use to drink there then?
  10. jealousy will get you no where private pike. I can understand your distaste though, you have to be a man to be gay. And IF you were a man, then you'd of atleast had a shot at P-Company, instead of sitting on the side lines crying!!
  11. Maybe some slipstream up his arse instead of sex toys would make a man of him eh Peggy?
  12. Passed thru P Coy 1990
  13. Yet you still hung around gay bars....shame on you!
  14. guarenteed you never came out (excuse the pun) with a comment like that while drinking in there!!
  15. I thought it was a gay bar- full of macho blokes all with their backs to the wall, eyeing each other up, taking people outside. And everyone sooo friendly.