England Footy Players Taking the Knee in Hungary

Tuffty

War Hero
All,

Fifa opens disciplinary proceedings after abuse

Sorry if this has been posted before. But i dont understand the logic behind taking a knee in a country whose fans are known for their racist views.

I am at a loss as to what did the England players expect (or hope for). They were going to a country which had already been banned/fined for their Racist behaviour/views.

Did they not think that taking a knee in a foreign country would incite the fans to be abusive, or were they going for a reaction.

FFS your in their country, you knew what the reaction would be so why do it. In my view the England players incited the situation and received the reaction they knew they would get. Or were they more intent on playing the victim card

And to pretending to drink from a cup thrown onto the pitch, are these overpaid pricks really that stupid that they didnt think it would just enrage the crowd even more.

Again were they going for a reaction

Was this pre planned to enrage the home fans and get a reaction. If so it did the trick.

But at the end of the day 4 - 0 wasnt a bad result away from home

Tool

LE
It's wendyball. 'nuff said. Poke burning embers, get burned.

The (darker-skinned) new captain of one of the teams of QoS was on Aunty Beeb yesterday, alongside Sam Kwan (the other darker-skinned new captain of the other team in QoS). He (no, not Sam) mentioned that racism seems to be a footie thing only, he being a former rugby player.

Did I hear this correctly yesterday. A majority of the Hungarian fans were already on a ban for previous trouble at footy games. But as this game was played under a different governing body they were allowed in?

Sorry if this has been posted before. But i dont understand the logic behind taking a knee in a country whose fans are known for their racist views.

While I think the whole taking the knee thing is bollocks as I disagree with politicising sport, to not take the knee in such countries would to me be seen as capitulating to those nasty racists.

D

Deleted 100463

Whether we like it or not, they are free to take the knee until otherwise made against the rules etc. Was it done to wind up the Hungarians? Doubt it considering the team does it before every match.

Whether we like it or not, Hungary fans are free to boo that to their heart's desire.

Now having said all that, making monkey noises at black players is something that has no reasonable excuse, and should have no place in football. If those people in the crowd don't like black people fine, but be adult enough to understand that other nations have black players who shouldn't have to be subjected to that.

If a player drinking out of a cup that was thrown at them or their team mates is enraging to you (not you personally) then that should be embarassing at the very least.

Was Rice an idiot for drinking out of it? Not in my opinion. I think it was a great response to some rather poor behaviour. Better that than losing his cool and swearing/gesturing rudely at the crowd, which then would be wrong of him and then easily seen as purposely winding the crowd up.

Not sure why their financial success is always brought up as a stick to beat players with really, especially when we live in a generally free and capitalist society.

The (darker-skinned) new captain of one of the teams of QoS was on Aunty Beeb yesterday, alongside Sam Kwan (the other darker-skinned new captain of the other team in QoS). He (no, not Sam) mentioned that racism seems to be a footie thing only, he being a former rugby player.
That's odd considering he (Ugo Monye) said this in February;

Last edited by a moderator:
Did I hear this correctly yesterday. A majority of the Hungarian fans were already on a ban for previous trouble at footy games. But as this game was played under a different governing body they were allowed in?
You heard correctly, EUFA have told them that they have to play 3 games behind closed doors, the match the other night was a World Cup match so it was under FIFA auspices match, the 2 bodies won’t recognise the others sanctions

Wendyball, a term usually used by a chap who hasn't recovered from the humiliation of being picked last, shoved in goal , then conceding 11 goals in the first 25mins replaced by a duffel jacket shortly after. Thus gaining the nickname " Gaylord" for the rest of the summer.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Whether we like it or not, they are free to take the knee until otherwise made against the rules etc. Was it done to wind up the Hungarians? Doubt it considering the team does it before every match.

Whether we like it or not, Hungary fans are free to boo that to their heart's desire.

Now having said all that, making monkey noises at black players is something that has no reasonable excuse, and should have no place in football. If those people in the crowd don't like black people fine, but be adult enough to understand that other nations have black players who shouldn't have to be subjected to that.

If a player drinking out of a cup that was thrown at them or their team mates is enraging to you (not you personally) then that should be embarassing at the very least.

Was Rice an idiot for drinking out of it? Not in my opinion. I think it was a great response to some rather poor behaviour. Better that than losing his cool and swearing/gesturing rudely at the crowd, which then would be wrong of him and then easily seen as purposely winding the crowd up.

Not sure why their financial success is always brought up as a stick to beat players with really, especially when we live in a generally free and capitalist society.

That's odd considering he (Ugo Monye) said this in February;
Funny isn't it that the powers that be ban Engerland from wearing poppies on shirts (a year or two back) because a poppy remembering The Glorious Dead is a political statement, whereas bowing down before taking the knee to a Marxist movement to incite the locals is just hypocritical fine and dandy.

We did manage to stop racism in football, but then COVID restrictions were relaxed and fans were let back in.

You’re never going to stop it.

D

Deleted 100463

Funny isn't it that the powers that be ban Engerland from wearing poppies on shirts (a year or two back) because a poppy remembering The Glorious Dead is a political statement, whereas bowing down before taking the knee to a Marxist movement to incite the locals is just hypocritical fine and dandy.
That argument has been done to death about taking the knee etc, so i'm not going to get into it personally.

Having said that, if you want to look for any rhyme or reason why FIFA/UEFA do anything, then i'm afraid that'll be a complete waste of time. Beyond making mountains of money for themselves, there is no real reasoning or point to anything they do or say.

If you want UEFA/FIFA to do more about racism then you are going to need deep pockets.

Last edited:

Awol

LE
Thread check.... the Naafi. Excellent.

England football players are spineless twats.

Taking the knee is cowardly, offensive and insulting to the other 97% of the population who don’t want to cower in front of a violent, Marxist group of bullies.

I absolutely despise anyone who takes the knee.

Probably not, but the point is: if you want to make a stand about something, you need to do it against people who disagree with you, not those that agree.

It's not making a stand at all.

It's a pointless gesture, which they are of course free to do, as is booing to express a disagreement.

Then Logically they have the right to boo and display their feelings. Its a free country i believe or is it still a communist state

Conflating communism with authoritarianism :smile:

As an amusing observation, is the West nowadays any less 'communist' with our incessant drive for inconsistent 'hate speech' legislation and subsequently criminalising those who simply can't use their 'inside voice' :smile:?

Last edited:

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

The (darker-skinned) new captain of one of the teams of QoS was on Aunty Beeb yesterday, alongside Sam Kwan (the other darker-skinned new captain of the other team in QoS). SHe (no, not Sam) mentioned that racism seems to be a footie thing only, he being a former rugby player.
Ugo Monye, ex England and British Lions rugby player and Sam Quek, ex England and gold medal winning GB hockey player.

Last edited:

Awol

LE
Conflating communism with authoritarianism :smile:

As an amusing observation, is the West nowadays any less 'communist' with our incessant drive for inconsistent 'hate speech' legislation and subsequently criminalising those who simply can't use their 'inside voice' :smile:?
In a word, no.

I think we are approaching the point where teenagers will be grassing up their parents for watching ‘Love thy neighbour’.

Because of the Cancellation Culture and massive self-censorship, kids these days will grow up without ever hearing a dissenting voice. Everything they see or hear will be Woke. If they hear their 88 year old Grandad use the ‘n’ word, they will be so shocked that they will have no reservations about running to the police station and poor old Ted, Korean Veteran and ex-headmaster of a school for disabled kids will be banged up in double-quick time.

Latest Threads