England Football = Fail!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by llech, Jun 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Once again those 11 Millionaires don't seem to be too bothered about beating that great footballing nation Algeria. I don't think they'll be worrying cabinet makers about where to put the silverware! Discuss :D
  2. This from a nation that gave us Pobol y Cwm? :p
  3. Isn't it shameful. If ever I needed confirmation why I cannot stand football, this is it.

The chancers will maybe just about scrape through.

53 minutes into it.......... 0.0......... Jokers.
  4. England have a real chance to win the world cup.......................................if the rules are changed and they make it a fvcking raffle!
  5. Championship football?! No! Boring?! Yes!!!!!
  6. Makes you realise what a good result we got against the septics.
  7. After drawing with the Septics, a 23-0 thrashing by Algeria would be an improvement. Not pounding the Yanks into the turf by at least a hundred goals is like a proper Waffen SS armoured division being ground to a halt in open tank country by the French equivalent of a Dad's Army platoon.

I know they're just English, but what has England come to when morale crumbles because somebody let a goal in? What happened to stiffening sinews and imitating the actions of Panthera tigris?
  8. Yeah, sorry about that! :lol:
  9. Look on brigh side, Godfather III is on
  10. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I shall wait till full time before I post anything!

And before anybody says anything, they were a French colony and there is therefore covered by the Auld Alliance which means support of Algeria is fully allowed under the Declaration of Abroath.
  11. Does this mean the chav hype gets to end sooner? Great.
  12. From The Greatest Ever Movie Quotes thread …. Henry V ….

For there is none of you so mean and base, That hath not noble lustre in your eyes. I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips, Straining upon the start. The game's afoot: Follow your spirit, and upon this charge Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Apparently not applicable to football !
    I really cannot see this rallying cry having the same impact when delivered with an Italian accent … but then again I could be wrong .
  13. I'm going for Lock, stock, and two smoking pads wives at 2200.
  14. Fuck me. It wasn't worth getting the beers in for. England are like the RAF. They think they're good but they're fucking useless cunts.
  15. I would rather watch feckin' paint dry it would be more interesting.