England defender Tyrone Mings hits out at Priti Patel after players subject to racist abuse

Poor overpaid footballer whinging...

England defender Tyrone Mings has hit out at Home Secretary Priti Patel, after she said she was “disgusted” at the racist abuse players suffered, having said at the start of Euro 2020 that fans had a right to boo players for taking the knee.

Black players Bukayo Saka, Marcus Rashford and Jadon Sancho were all subject to a torrent of racist abuse on social media after missing their penalties against Italy in the final of Euro 2020.

Downing Street has announced the prime minister will meet with social media firms on Tuesday afternoon to press the need for "urgent" action on online racist abuse.

The Aston Villa defender posted on Twitter: “You don’t get to stoke the fire at the beginning of the tournament by labelling our anti-racism message as ‘Gesture Politics’ & then pretend to be disgusted when the very thing we’re campaigning against, happens.”

Within an hour of being posted the tweet had been liked more than 200,000 times and retweeted almost 80,000 times.

this is the reason why super cars are made from carbon fibre -

metal would soon corrode with tears of millionaire footballers getting upset over hurty words on the internet....

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
What he doesn't understand is taking the knee is gesture politics and only inflames the race divide.

I cannot understand, that supposedly intelligent people cannot see behind the racist, marxist rhetoric of BLM.

Downing Street has announced the prime minister will meet with social media firms on Tuesday afternoon to press the need for "urgent" action on online racist abuse.

FFS.
A) People get stomped on all the time for racist comments on social media. Hell Trump, the president of the United states got smacked. There are plenty of laws to use if you want to do something about it. I wouldn't bat an eye lid if the racists were so treated. Which leads nicely too:
B) So why the hell is Johnson having a meeting? This smacks of popularity politics that Blair was well known for. Have a meeting about something that will gain a few votes, yet is already covered amply?

What's going to happen? They all sit down in the meeting room:
Johnson: Right so racism is bad.
Social Media companies: Agreed.
J:....
SMC:....
J: So meeting adjourned?
SMC: Pub?

Is 'W@nker' a recognised race then?

What he doesn't understand is taking the knee is gesture politics and only inflames the race divide.

I cannot understand, that supposedly intelligent people cannot see behind the racist, marxist rhetoric of BLM.
gutto harri took the knee live on GB News in solidarity with the England flops. Last night steve baker, Tory mp urged his party to change its stance on this marxist gesture.

Poor overpaid footballer whinging...

England defender Tyrone Mings has hit out at Home Secretary Priti Patel, after she said she was “disgusted” at the racist abuse players suffered, having said at the start of Euro 2020 that fans had a right to boo players for taking the knee.

Black players Bukayo Saka, Marcus Rashford and Jadon Sancho were all subject to a torrent of racist abuse on social media after missing their penalties against Italy in the final of Euro 2020.

The Aston Villa defender posted on Twitter: “You don’t get to stoke the fire at the beginning of the tournament by labelling our anti-racism message as ‘Gesture Politics’ & then pretend to be disgusted when the very thing we’re campaigning against, happens.”

Within an hour of being posted the tweet had been liked more than 200,000 times and retweeted almost 80,000 times.
You're getting upset because a black bloke is criticising behaviour that gave tacit approval to racist behaviour.

And you seem jealous that a black man earns more than you.

The knee protest has long moved on from BLM.

He's patently NOT intelligent !

The knee protest has long moved on from BLM.
I guess this can associated with something else because the Nazi era was long ago and we can "move on" and associate with something more favourable and modern

_methode_times_prod_web_bin_029fb580-ea29-11e5-84f1-97ffd10874b8.jpg

You're getting upset because a black bloke is criticising behaviour that gave tacit approval to racist behaviour.

And you seem jealous that a black man earns more than you.
Who said I'm upset? Frankly I think it's laughable that a millionaire footballer would even care about this, I think it's pitiful

Maybe,someone ought to tell these twats that...Kneeling is and, always will be a sign of subjugation !
Sooner or later they will be asking people to get on both knees and next it will be this, BLM and this associated gesture are now more or less the same thing, a rambling mob united under one banner with a give an inch take a mile stance with their rhethoric

prayer.jpg

Eyes_Right

Old-Salt
Wow - I must get back to blighty more often. When did equality and an end to bigotry became a Marxist act? Quite happy to except that UK BLM has become a vehicle for many grifters and self-interests, but Marxist? That's quite a stretch, even for the intellectually challenged.

gutto harri took the knee live on GB News in solidarity with the England flops. Last night steve baker, Tory mp urged his party to change its stance on this marxist gesture.

Wow - I must get back to blighty more often. When did equality and an end to bigotry became a Marxist act? Quite happy to except that UK BLM has become a vehicle for many grifters and self-interests, but Marxist? That's quite a stretch, even for the intellectually challenged.
1626274416710.png

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I guess this can associated with something else because the Nazi era was long ago and we can "move on" and associate with something more favourable and modern

View attachment 588833
I made precisely this comparison on another thread which was eventually killed because it was trolled to death. I was effectively accused of being a Nazi, when in fact what I said was that a gesture which has become indelibly linked with one group/cause cannot simply be declared to be something else overnight.

Who said I'm upset? Frankly I think it's laughable that a millionaire footballer would even care about this, I think it's pitiful
You think a black bloke criticising behaviour that gives tacit approval to racism directed at his colleagues is laughable.

Interesting.

I'm cross-posting this from the other thread...

Only 4% of racist abuse on SM aimed at England players came from UK..

Evidence clearly suggests most racist comments sent to Black England players came from India and the Middle East.

SEMrush analysis of racist comments and emojis posted in the hours after the match ended show that the top countries of origin are India, United Arab Emirates, Egypt, Iran, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan.

E6LO36GXEAgJJ9I

Latest Threads