Engineering Simple Harmonic Motion

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by A_Knocker_Till_The_End, Nov 3, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Royal Engineers take delight in burying themselves in extremely technical research, hardly understandable by many. Then there is the rest of us non-engineers who cannot discern the sinusoidal motion on the part of the subject. So we resort to another alternative.

Describing Simple Harmonic Motion.

For Engineers:

For Non - Engineers & how WE all understand it better:

2. BRIL. can I use this in a little local publication - 'The Alderney Scurillous Rag' - please, please, please, pretty please?
  3. Knocker,

you've just got too much time on your hands.

Brill though. :lol: :twisted: :D
  4. Indeed, time well spent! A better explanation than that given by my physics teacher.
  5. No no no knocker!.... (why is the world full of non-engineers)

SHM occurs in only one plane with respect to time! up and down like masterbation... (but not jerky... obviously)

But pleeeease... no video show (let's keep the one we've got)

(Engineer abuse... INCOMING!... but I don't mind: I'm off for the weekend and you can all bog off)
  6. on leave, before i go sandcastle building.

what else is there to do :?: :?: :?: :?:
  7. Knocker - top drills!
  8. You will find no weigh-anchors within this forum my friend, other arms may be full of them but this forum is for the gentlemen of the RE who have no requirement for "bashing the bishop" we simply go out & score with a darling (or maybe you just thought she was at 0230hrs) :D :D :D :D
  9. Knocker, have a safe time building sandcastles.

I hope you find more time for enlightening us all with more simplified physics. :lol:
  10. i hope too 8) 8) 8) 8)
  11. When are you off on your sandcastle building course??

Keep safe mate and i wish you a speedy return.

12. i have been studying hard & found these examples also:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]