Engineer Units...

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Yarco, Feb 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. HI guys, i was wondering if anyone could point me in the way of a good unit in the Royal Engineers, Ive done my BARB test and ive been medically passed, now i being asked what unit/regiment i interested in. Im really interested in joining as a driver but im really not having much luck picking a unit :?

any help much appreciated!

2. Stay well clear of 26 ... it's w4nk. If you're young free and single, then 32's the one for you. Cheap booze, cheap fags and cheap women.
  3. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

First tour - 32 or 35 in Germany. 21 moves soon from Osnabruk to Ripon which is also a top posting.
  4. ok thanks for your responses, but why u say its w4nk? does anyone know wats next in line for me, im going to give my careers office a call tomorrow, ive done my BARB test and ive been passed fit so hopefully ill be at selection as soon as posssible!!
  5. hate to break it to you bud, but provided you get through selection (you will be fine as long as you pass medical and arent a total reject) once you have passed phase 1, phase 2(combat engineering) and 2b you will eventually get your first posting. However you dont get to pick, they will send you where required and that could be anywhere
  6. yup.........then you can try to practically kill yourself by tryin out for 59 or 9 sqdrn(commandos and paras), Altho 59 is due to be changed to 24 commando regiment or something soon if im not mistaken
  7. Here here!
  8. As someone has said above you are not required at this stage in your application to say what Regiment you prefer unless you are going Infantry/Guards or to the RAC. No one can predict what unit you will be going to if going into one one of the Corps as with your basic training and trade training being so long. You can say to your recruiter what kind of unit you would like in the RE, obviously going driver you would more than likely find your self in the MT section. If you have had your job briefs yet and at the interview stages then everything you need to know is on the job brief print outs, any addittional info is a bonus. If your second and third choice is one of the Combat jobs however you would need to get more information on the Regiment.
  9. 21 going to Ripoff?

36 was good to and for me and at present still open for business!

35 followed but was attached to Iserlohn (good) for most of that.

As you can guess, that was YEARS ago .. .. .. :wink:
  10. 36 is based in Maidstone and they are a good lot. There out in the gulf at the moment. Maidstones allright and its got a good nightlife but thats about it.
  11. And no mention of 28 yet !!!!!!!!!!