Engineer Berets

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by General Melchett, Jul 30, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Can anyone tell me why a lot of you Sapper types wear your berets in a Para Regt stylee?

You know, pulled over the front of the head like a flat cap.

2. Told the lads at hard eod cafe about this(they`re on their way)

3. General Melchett

Visited the "Hard" EOD cafe, I'm shaking in my boots 8O .

By the way, why do they call it the Hard EOD cafe?

Is it because Sappers find EOD difficult?

I love you all. :p

4. hard EOD cafe? where is this mythical place?

5. in a land beyond anywhere you can reach boz

6. General Melchett

On line somewhere.

Try: http://www.hardeodcafe.com/

Not sure if we qualify to be "Bomb Diposaleers" though Bozzers.

7. When worn correctly an "Ally Beret" looks Ok . But when worn with as much of the beret pulled as far down to the nose as possible it looks completely shoite.

And some soldiers wear, for the same reason P smocks with out being fully qualified to do so.

They think it looks cool as feck.

<Skjold sits back and looks at the photo of himself in No.2s, Maroon Beret (worn "Ally") proudly wearing his blue badge of courage. And thinks "Im a handsome b`stard">

8. Wear berets Pare Style maybe only the wanna be's. Being a Spr is good enough i can tell you without the need to wear your beret like its a limp dish cloth!!! As for wearing smocks etc god only knows the issued stuff is not to bad now apart from to many bl**dy pockets!!!!!!!!!

9. I agree completely. Except about the pockets. :)

But, I loved wearing my smock. :D

10. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

So why don't you wear it now?

11. I don't wear one, but do you have to qualify to wear the smock? Beret, yes. Wings, yes. But is there something in your docs that says you are not allowed to wear a para smock because you aren't qualified?

You'll be saying that I have to have 'green string' in my webbing as I'm not qualified to carry 'para cord' next! 8O

12. Id get funny looks from the rest of the civilian population.

13. Why carry para cord when greenstring will do! 8O or are you just trying to be a bit "ally".

14. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Doesn't seem to stop half the blokes round my way!

15. just to add my piece to the smock debate, most of the blokes in my sqn wear either para or windproof smocks, not cause it looks cool, but simply because they're more comfortable than the issue smock, especially when wet. as for the beret, well, it's the same as who wears twisties and who just ties the little strings in the bottom of their trousers. matter of choice