Engineer Berets

Can anyone tell me why a lot of you Sapper types wear your berets in a Para Regt stylee?

You know, pulled over the front of the head like a flat cap.

Visited the "Hard" EOD cafe, I'm shaking in my boots 8O .

By the way, why do they call it the Hard EOD cafe?

Is it because Sappers find EOD difficult?

I love you all. :p

When worn correctly an "Ally Beret" looks Ok . But when worn with as much of the beret pulled as far down to the nose as possible it looks completely shoite.

And some soldiers wear, for the same reason P smocks with out being fully qualified to do so.

They think it looks cool as feck.

<Skjold sits back and looks at the photo of himself in No.2s, Maroon Beret (worn "Ally") proudly wearing his blue badge of courage. And thinks "Im a handsome b`stard">

Avre

Old-Salt
Wear berets Pare Style maybe only the wanna be's. Being a Spr is good enough i can tell you without the need to wear your beret like its a limp dish cloth!!! As for wearing smocks etc god only knows the issued stuff is not to bad now apart from to many bl**dy pockets!!!!!!!!!

Avre said:
As for wearing smocks etc god only knows the issued stuff is not to bad now apart from to many bl**dy pockets!!!!!!!!!
I agree completely. Except about the pockets. :)

But, I loved wearing my smock. :D

chimera

LE
SKJOLD said:
So why don't you wear it now?

SKJOLD said:
And some soldiers wear, for the same reason P smocks with out being fully qualified to do so.
I don't wear one, but do you have to qualify to wear the smock? Beret, yes. Wings, yes. But is there something in your docs that says you are not allowed to wear a para smock because you aren't qualified?

You'll be saying that I have to have 'green string' in my webbing as I'm not qualified to carry 'para cord' next! 8O

Plant-Pilot said:
You'll be saying that I have to have 'green string' in my webbing as I'm not qualified to carry 'para cord' next! 8O
Why carry para cord when greenstring will do! 8O or are you just trying to be a bit "ally".

chimera

LE
SKJOLD said:
chimera said:
SKJOLD said:
So why don't you wear it now?
Id get funny looks from the rest of the civilian population.
Doesn't seem to stop half the blokes round my way!

just to add my piece to the smock debate, most of the blokes in my sqn wear either para or windproof smocks, not cause it looks cool, but simply because they're more comfortable than the issue smock, especially when wet. as for the beret, well, it's the same as who wears twisties and who just ties the little strings in the bottom of their trousers. matter of choice

cdn_spr said:
just to add my piece to the smock debate, most of the blokes in my sqn wear either para or windproof smocks, not cause it looks cool, but simply because they're more comfortable than the issue smock, especially when wet. as for the beret, well, it's the same as who wears twisties and who just ties the little strings in the bottom of their trousers. matter of choice
same here, i wear my kit only for reason of comfort, unfortunatly most kits are private purchase like 50% of mine. i keep the issues for parades and non fieldcraft training, the non issues can be better, drier, warmer and no worries about mucking it up in mud.

on the other hand i would never wear anything i am not qualified to wear like para wings or berets, i would look like a tit in front of my mates.
one guy did just that, he wore a Para beret when he wasn't suppossed to, not surprisingly the top brass found out and told him to take it off, ssems the ridicule was too much for him he didn't stay around for long :lol:

I wear a Para Smock,(for exercise) Ive also got a Sas Windproof (that I also wear on Exercise)

I also now have a f*cking Infantry bergan on my 1157, as do the rest of the Sqn.

DILLIGAF? Nope..

If the Kit is out there, and you have a use for it, then wear it.

The kit nowadays is better than it was, but it's still the basic requirement.

Actually "Ally Para Regt style" was copied from WWII Tankies who pulled it forward flat cap style to keep the sun out of their eyes IT'S TRUE I TELL YOU I read it in a book!

(apart from Monty who used his as a mobile HLS).

Mate sometimes when im bored ill reply to these so :roll:
Im a big fat git and i wear a smock as it fits 8)
I wear my beret as i like (pulled forward) 8)
And quite frankly you and your mates aint big enough to stop me :twisted: :wink: :twisted: :wink:

HEART_STOPPER said:
Mate sometimes when im bored ill reply to these so :roll:
Im a big fat git and i wear a smock as it fits 8)
I wear my beret as i like (pulled forward) 8)
And quite frankly you and your mates aint big enough to stop me :twisted: :wink: :twisted: :wink:
REALLY 8O :D 8O :D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
msr Army Reserve 1
S Sappers 2
M Aviation 0