Engaging Brain

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by FORMER_FYRDMAN, Oct 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

Whether we like it or not, ARRSE is a source for the national press and probably the only outlet for serving soldiers to air the reality of their existence and inform a wider public debate.

We also know that the utterings of morons will be used against us and, indeed, on at least one public outing, some of the views on ARRSE have been described as pretty extreme by a Labour MP, who then successfully used that assertion to get off the hook for some widely substantiated claims.

To that end I think some of the comments in the Florida thread in Current Affairs are a disgrace and, whatever else we're arguing about, all anyone needs to do is point to that to completely discredit us. Given that we're all excised about someone on life support after a senseless attack, not to mention extreme unease about Afghanistan, why on earth are we giving people an opportunity to write us off as a pack of animals? Could someone in authority please get a grip? If people want to be sick, we have the NAAFI, crack on, but not here.

94 views and nilch - surely this expression of opinion is either worth condemnation or support.
  3. Can we get this moved to the NAAFI? :D

Thanks for that. At least it was a contribution.
  5. Have to say when I post in current affairs and suchlike I like to keep the humour light and make a serious opinion. In the naafi bar I let rip if the mood takes me. I think its up to the moderators and hierarchy to decide what is acceptable in each forum and handle it in their own way.

So are you happy to concede a serious point made in this forum just because someone has posted from "Wallbangers R us"?
  7. Who and what does that refer to? Me?
  8. Must admit I agree. The C.A. forum feels and reads more like the old NAAFI at the moment.