Enforced MQ move whilst on Ops

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by dinosaur, Jul 13, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have just been informed that my other half is to be forced to move MQ whilst I am on Op TELIC. Can anybody put a finger on the rules and regs governing such things. I would ask the SSOs direct but I might as well talk to my dog!! Grateful for any advice. Cheers.

2. Have they given a reason for the move?

3. MQ is next on the list for PUMA.

4. They should have warned you. There's bugger all you can do about it. You'll get disturbance allowance (about 500 quid) and they'll provide the removals. All done in a day. If your current gaff is up for PUMA, it's more than likely a pit anyway, so you'll more than likely be moving into a PUMA'd MQ.

If I were you, I'd leave it at that. Just think, you'll return to a new gaff, you won't have done any of the work and you be at least 500 quid better off. Happy days eh!

Nevr mind the missus, she'll be happy as Larry by the time you get home.....just make sure she doesn't blow you dosh.

Always look on the bright side of life ! Dee dah, Dee dee dee dee dee dah.......

5. MAKE SURE YOU GET THE NEW ADDRESS

Find you wifey shacked up with singlies on rear party duties hehehehe

6. She also wont have to do any cleaning, except perhaps the cooker - but just pay them to clean that on the cleaning scheme. It should be quite easy for your missus. And as someone above said, 500 nicker better off.

Could you get the move arranged for the period of your R&R? I fully understand thats not the way you would want to spend your time off, but it will all be moved in a day, you will be there to check the new quarter over and help your missus and also deflect any estate warden bollox that comes your way.

Boney

7. Don;'t pay then feck all. Get her to do it herself or your 500 nicker will be down the swanny.