Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by DB216LOKDVR, Sep 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have attended the DVD Shows at Milbrook for the last few years, at one of the shows I was given a ration supplement pack for hot and sandy areas.
    I found the energy bar provided in the ration pack to be bland, (I don't doubt the claim on the energy bar lable stating that it provided energy/power etc, and it has to be better than biscuit brown or biscuits AB).
    In the interest of research you understand, I have been trying out(consuming)various energy bars as available in the supermarkets, sports shops, outdoor pursuit shops etc.
    I have recently tried out BUZZ bars which I found to be more tasty and appears to do what it saids on the lable.
    I purchased the BUZZ bars from COSTCO (12 bars for £8-29).
    I contacted BUZZ direct to see if I could purchase them in bulk with the intention of donating them to be put in parcels for troop over christmas.
    The BUZZ website price is 24 bars for £29-95 (a lot more than COSTCO).
    However as from 5/10/09 to 7/11/09 they will be available in Waitrose with 20% off.
    See; for details. I am not connected with this company.
  2. Nice idea, sending to a relative would be ok, I cant see how sending anonymously to a Bn, would they get through. Anybody could send anything.
  3. I am ex army and I am donating a box of BUZZ bars to the local rep who does the parcels for troops over the Christmas period.

I am aware that I don't know who will receive one of the bars I have donated, (I hope that they go to the Junior Toms in the out stations away from the base camp luxuries).

I was also trying to point out they are cheaper in Costco at the moment, and possible in Waitrose after 5/10/09 than the website price. That way if a NOK is purchasing them to send out to hot and sandy places, they can buy them cheaper.

Prehaps I was not clear.