Endurance Training + 300 Club

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Knightwars4, Feb 27, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi

To start off, what is the 300 club? Is it a fitness "elite" club only for Spartans with a capacity of only up to 300 members at a time? Do you need to have maimed, gutted, decapitated, traumatised or bruised countless Persians to get in?

Back to reality. I'm 14 and I'm aspiring to go Paras as an Officer. So I was thinking if I should start on other endurance sports on of top long distance running/ marathoning.
    If so then what events in particular should I train for? I've considered the triathlon so far.
  2. Youre 14 and interested in joining the club. Your groomer will be along shortly.
  3. Mmwaaahahah! Did someone call my name? Wind-up.
  4. I don't understand. I was just curious about whether they were fictional or not, the cadet unit I go to has a poster on it.
  5. Yep, right you are. Tell me, do any of your APTC motivational posters have the mis-spelling, "Trainig" in them? They are the funniest ones and for me, sum up the muscle-busters completely.
  6. Research ARMY 300 Club, it won't take long to find an answer to your question.

In a nutshell, it means you can comfortably pass a BASIC fitness test, so is achievable if you can be motivated / arrsed.

You also get a rather nice T-Shirt to wear on PT to show you can comforatbly pass said BASIC fitness test.

(And yes, l am an owner of said attire - for 300 Walters - if there is such a thing - official results are posted on ARMYnet so any bluffers can and will be found out quickly enough. Everyone knows 'that bloke' that reckons he can run sub 7 for his mile and a half, but in reality barely scrapes through)
  7. The 300 club was just out of curiosity and an attempt at humour. I am really clueless about it.
  8. Follow the Sapper!
  9. More to the point, you're far too young to be worrying about at least 2 parts of the 300 club.

At your age, I was an active climber, and could do press-ups and chin-ups til the cows came home; as a direct result, I now have shoulder impingement which means I loose feeling in the outside of my arms when doing either of those activities. However, what you can do is get yourself to your local Athletics club, and start running, properly, coached by people with the correct qualifications. We've loads of kids at your age (and a bit younger) at my club who can easily knock-out a sub 9:30 mile and half, and are only getting better with age. From what I've been told about P Company, it's mainly running based, so it should give you a good grounding in that.

Your press-ups and sit-ups can wait until you start prep for AOSB, and certainly no earlier than 16/17.
  10. Alfred-

I wasn't worrying, just curious about the 300 club that I've heard of here and there. I always thought it was something that was fictional.
    To be honest I don't see my self at Army grade fitness just yet.
  11. No worries - get thee to a running club though!