Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by civi-in-green, May 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone one know how often this course is run? And are they in house/garrison?
    Also are they any good, could you tell me the breakdown length and things covered please.
  2. At least get the name of the couse right!
  3. Both I originally did my at Bn while on tour.

Have to requalify at 49e Bde Trg Team
  4. Come on then ccunt, enlighten me.Wee Gob Shite.
  5. Its called Endurance Training Leader. It means you can take steady state runs and tabs for training purposes, including warmups and cooldowns, its valid for 2 years after which you need a refresher course. It does not allow you to sign off CFTs or PFT runs and beware "comprehensive" warmups as anything approaching a circuit session/beasting is not covered by your qual.
  6. Does anyone have a break down of the course content please
  7. Mine was run at unit level (regular) over 3 days with classroom work & practical sessions, finishing with a written test and a practical assesment to be completed within 4 weeks of the course, prior to being added to the ETL register.

Classroom sessions included:
    Purpose, function & constraints of an ETL
    Qualities of an ETL
    The Army Code of Conduct (ref: ETL)
    Warming Up, Cooling Down, Flexibility
    Writing & Completing Risk Assessments for Running/Endurance Marching

Practical Lessons included:
    Taking a Warm Up
    Taking a Cool Down
    Conducting a steady state run
    Conducting Endurance marching

Each candidate took turns to conduct each of the the above.

The written assessment was multi choice and for your practical you can do either a run or march. You must complete the risk assessment, organise date/time & group you are taking, all admin e.g. safety vehicles, booking in/out camp, med cover etc (see risk assessment).

No precourse fitness requirements however you should have the integrity to consider that you cannot lead & advise any form of fitness training from the back, blowing out your arse.