Endex for Huhne? What next for the UK's windmills?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by FORMER_FYRDMAN, May 26, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

2. Environmental policy? Do we have one? Is there a super injunction on it?
  3. Stupid Boy. He should have 'fessed up originally. 6 Points on a licence and maybe a 3 months driving ban if he had 'fessed up when the incident is alleged to have occurred. Not the end of the World... But now, Oh Dearie Moi!!

'Conspiracy to pervert the course of justice' - (alleged). My Lords, the Judges take a very dim view of this. Unless he engages the legal team of that Layer to the Stars who has succeeded in getting some folks off Drink Drive charges on some spurious legal technicality.
  4. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Shame being a vicious vindictive bitch of an ex-wife does not carry a legal penalty.........
  5. If you were buying a mug for Mr Huhne, would it be...

I checked, they don't do a Mr ****...pity, there's quite a market for them.
  6. The prisons would never be big enough!
  7. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Fixed that for you - no need for thanks.
  8. Amusingly though, when you do google for images of Mister ****, this is the first one that comes up...

9. [​IMG]

I think it does carry a legal penalty... and Mr Huhne looks likely to pay it.

That's arguably going to be the two biggest hitters in the Lib Dems taken out within twelve months of forming a Government. Given that Clegg's shot his bolt too, it makes you wonder where the Lib Dems can go next and what they're going to rebuild around.
  11. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Does anyone care?

Well they should do because if anything happens to the LibDems, that's it for the Coalition and then we are set for one of the most defining General Elections in British history, the result of which is likely to confirm the divide between the Public and Private Sectors and decide whether we're Greece or Germany.

Environment-wise, Huhne was possibly the only politician capable of bringing in the proposed CO2 cap, which has serious implications for industry in the UK and the use of taxpayers money. His going may save a lot of jobs or kill us all, depending on which side of the debate you stand.

I would suggest that both those issues are worthy of some consideration.
  13. looking at the current political options It's more of a choice between Greece or Ireland.
  14. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

She's also put herself into the frame for conspiracy to pervert the course of justice - her affidavit and statement admit her complicity in the offence. Must be hoping that she gets a slap on the wrist at the same time as Huhme gets a few months at Her Majesty's pleasure.

Hell hath no fury.....

15. More than likely, her lawyer will probably argue that without her statement then the crime woud of never come to light and been prosecuted and should therefore be taken into account. At the very his front line political career has been holed below the waterline so anything extra is bonus.

Well when you get very publically dumped for a shovel faced ex-lesbian that's hardly surprising. Considering how much of an arse he was I think it's pretty fair to be honest.