(Ended) Hols for Heroes - The world's most black, special, fandangly baseball caps

Discussion in 'Charity Auctions' started by Good CO, Jul 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

We saw the guys from RVOps yesterday and they gave us some promotion baseball caps from 5.11, makers of all sorts of black, gucci and expensive kits. I have one and can safely say that the cap it is the highest quality piece of clothing I own and I would feel proud indeed to walk in to the Navy Seals bar with one of these bad boys on. I will actually only wear it to do the gardening of course, but I'll dream dreams of HALO assaults.

Apparently 5.11 release a cap every year, marked with the year (see photo) and they are rumoured to be collected. I'm not sure who by, but plenty of people collect far wierder things so who am I to argue?

Here they are for auction. I just took a few photos of it on my garden wall. We have 4, all brand new complete with details. The material is black cordura. Velcro adjustment with 511tactical.com embroidery on the strap and a 5.11 moulded tab thing for good measure. There's a nice embroidered 5.11 patch inside and it even has a 5.11 embroidered peak-tip detail. And it goes on... 5.11 tactical series tape covering the seems inside. Yup, you could cut this hat in to very small pieces and you will still be in no doubt who made each one.

It's only fair to RVOps to post a link to them (although you'd have to try hard to have missed them on the site anyway):

RVOps, Military Boots, Clothing and Equipment

Attached Files:

• caps.jpg
      File size:
      66.1 KB
  2. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Auction is for one hat, and there are four hats. I'll finish it when I can remember. Roughly a week.
  3. Ten quid, what's with the 10 characters min thing too ??
  4. £10.....................
  5. To stop spammer posts that say "LOL" or whatever. There you go - job jobbed! :D
  6. As there are four caps going. I'll continue with the £10 bid theme we have going.
  7. Cheers, well, that's me told then
  9. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Thanks for the bids - make that 5 hats. I would feel tight keeping one.
  10. £10..............
  11. £15..............
  12. 15 of your best English pounds.

But please not the one that's been on your sweaty bonce, thanks ;)
  13. Just in case, £15 also
  14. Hmm, I'll see your £15 pounds and raise you none.
    I'll go with £15 as well.
  15. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Thanks for all the bids. I'll close this on Monday at 0800 am.