End Of The World - Mayan Calendar and any other old bullshit on telly

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by cernunnos, Dec 3, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I don't know about you, but I'm sick of end of the world tripe on telly.
    I've been around the block but I've not been hit by an asteroid yet and there are no super volcanoes smouldering under my curly kale patch. I know it's a risky suggestion to make, but what if December 2012 passes without any of us disappearing up our own arses as the Mayan calendar finally falls off the rusty nail on the wall?

I think we should celebrate the passing of a fucking shit pagan calendar and a lot of fucking shit TV programs with a really shit pagan festival all of out own!

I don't know about you, but a large burning whicker man stuffed full with TV producers, astrologers, geek astronomers, bankers, politicians, economists and convicted welshmen would certainly cheer me up!

What would you like to see done with the knob headed prophets of doom?
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

They should be abducted by aliens and left on a passing asteroid. That'll learn 'em.
  3. It's not just the Mayan calendar, mine stops at December 2012 as well!
    • Like Like x 7
  4. Soylent Green.
  5. The Mayans and Tesco Own Brand say it then it must be true.

Were doomed, dooooomed I tell ye!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I'd like to see their world end as predicted via double tap, while the rest of us just carry on growing older as normal.

7. normal? fuck normal.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. is people!!!
  9. Fuck that, they'd be back here, riding their earth crossing asteroid, just in time to cause the next big extinction, all wearing "we fucking told you so" t shirts!
  10. Agreed the Mayan calendar is pretty poor evidence to suggest such an event, as its just the end if that supposed cycle, but they were accurate in their astronomy (equinoxes eclipse's etc)

But there is another theory of a big evolutionary step for mankind(to do with the location of our solar system in the galaxy) I'm not much of a geek to fully understand how this would work but there is some convincing facts out there, but yet I remain as open minded as I can be!!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  11. Are you particular as to which part of the whicker man you land up in, I mean I still have some seats available in the head area, some with views out of the eyes and there's still plenty of spacein the groin area, I could even do you a nice whicker bell end?
    • Like Like x 3
  12. My first encounter with the end of the world was at junior school at the age of 8-10. One of the kids in our class was a Jehovah's Witness. Weird little cunt he was. He was enjoying telling us the world was going to end sometime in the mid '60s 'cos we were all sinners. I can still recall how we ripped the piss out of him even at that tender age when, surprise , surprise, feck all happened.

Should I leave buying TSO her Xmas pressie until the 22nd? As a Yorkshire Pudding, I don't want to waste any wedge on her if the world is going to end. Leaving it until 3 days before Xmas, what could possibly go wrong?

My most recent encounter with the end of the world was on the bog this morning...
  13. I for one hope they are right for once, just to stop the voices, peace at last.
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Anal probing by Jarrod and his "mates".
  15. I could do you a whicker man all of your own and before the world ends if you like, or a whicker goat, they are stable and easier to build!