End Of The World - Mayan Calendar and any other old bullshit on telly

I don't know about you, but I'm sick of end of the world tripe on telly.
I've been around the block but I've not been hit by an asteroid yet and there are no super volcanoes smouldering under my curly kale patch. I know it's a risky suggestion to make, but what if December 2012 passes without any of us disappearing up our own arses as the Mayan calendar finally falls off the rusty nail on the wall?

I think we should celebrate the passing of a fucking shit pagan calendar and a lot of fucking shit TV programs with a really shit pagan festival all of out own!

I don't know about you, but a large burning whicker man stuffed full with TV producers, astrologers, geek astronomers, bankers, politicians, economists and convicted welshmen would certainly cheer me up!

What would you like to see done with the knob headed prophets of doom?

It's not just the Mayan calendar, mine stops at December 2012 as well!

It's not just the Mayan calendar, mine stops at December 2012 as well!
The Mayans and Tesco Own Brand say it then it must be true.

Were doomed, dooooomed I tell ye!

I'd like to see their world end as predicted via double tap, while the rest of us just carry on growing older as normal.

normal? fuck normal.

Agreed the Mayan calendar is pretty poor evidence to suggest such an event, as its just the end if that supposed cycle, but they were accurate in their astronomy (equinoxes eclipse's etc)

But there is another theory of a big evolutionary step for mankind(to do with the location of our solar system in the galaxy) I'm not much of a geek to fully understand how this would work but there is some convincing facts out there, but yet I remain as open minded as I can be!!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Agreed the Mayan calendar is pretty poor evidence to suggest such an event, as its just the end if that supposed cycle, but they were accurate in their astronomy (equinoxes eclipse's etc)

But there is another theory of a big evolutionary step for mankind(to do with the location of our solar system in the galaxy) I'm not much of a geek to fully understand how this would work but there is some convincing facts out there, but yet I remain as open minded as I can be!!
Are you particular as to which part of the whicker man you land up in, I mean I still have some seats available in the head area, some with views out of the eyes and there's still plenty of spacein the groin area, I could even do you a nice whicker bell end?

My first encounter with the end of the world was at junior school at the age of 8-10. One of the kids in our class was a Jehovah's Witness. Weird little cunt he was. He was enjoying telling us the world was going to end sometime in the mid '60s 'cos we were all sinners. I can still recall how we ripped the piss out of him even at that tender age when, surprise , surprise, feck all happened.

Should I leave buying TSO her Xmas pressie until the 22nd? As a Yorkshire Pudding, I don't want to waste any wedge on her if the world is going to end. Leaving it until 3 days before Xmas, what could possibly go wrong?

My most recent encounter with the end of the world was on the bog this morning...

I don't know about you, but I'm sick of end of the world tripe on telly.
I'll be well fucked off it comes true and we all get sucked up a giant Mayan ringpiece of the gods. I haven't seen the kids since August, and I'm booked on a flight the day after. Having said that, I'll be doing my chrimbo shopping on the 24th. There should be plenty of discount SLR's and the like on sale. It's never too early to teach the young 'uns what a proper bundhook looks like.

Mind you, if the Maya were so clever at predicting things, can anyone explain how they didn't foresee the colossal shoeing they took of the Spanish

My first encounter with the end of the world was at junior school at the age of 8-10. One of the kids in our class was a Jehovah's Witness. Weird little cunt he was. He was enjoying telling us the world was going to end sometime in the mid '60s 'cos we were all sinners. I can still recall how we ripped the piss out of him even at that tender age when, surprise , surprise, feck all happened.

Should I leave buying TSO her Xmas pressie until the 22nd? As a Yorkshire Pudding, I don't want to waste any wedge on her if the world is going to end. Leaving it until 3 days before Xmas, what could possibly go wrong?

My most recent encounter with the end of the world was on the bog this morning...
Damn, Jehova's grasses, I forgot all about them fuckers! My whicker man now needs a top hat and a fuck off big bergan!

Are you particular as to which part of the whicker man you land up in, I mean I still have some seats available in the head area, some with views out of the eyes and there's still plenty of spacein the groin area, I could even do you a nice whicker bell end?
So your anti pagan? Do you even know what a pagan is? heathen or heretic is the word your looking for, must be a follower of one of the mainstream religions?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

I can confidently predict that the world will end when two people simultaneously ND with an SLR. The force and destructive power of TWO such mighty weapons at the same time will clearly split the Earth clean in two.