End of the line for model trains?

Cabling from concrete trucking to point machines.
The orange wire coating is just to hold it whilst it's shaped & painted.
Paint is acrylic which covers the 5 amp fuse wire well & is flexible enough for any adjustments.
Gluing them in place will be a b*gger.

Attachments

Cabling from concrete trucking to point machines.
The orange wire coating is just to hold it whilst it's shaped & painted.
Paint is acrylic which covers the 5 amp fuse wire well & is flexible enough for any adjustments.
Gluing them in place will be a b*gger.
If that's for a modern British layout, the techs often stick the cabling in orange plastic pipe where it goes under the rails, partly to give it a bit of protection, but mainly in the hope that it the orange makes it more visible and doesn't therefore get tamped or otherwise mangled by the Per Way oiks... Of course the orange soon turns the colour of brake-dust and aerosolised high-velocity shit, just like everything else on the railway...

If that's for a modern British layout, the techs often stick the cabling in orange plastic pipe where it goes under the rails, partly to give it a bit of protection, but mainly in the hope that it the orange makes it more visible and doesn't therefore get tamped or otherwise mangled by the Per Way oiks... Of course the orange soon turns the colour of brake-dust and aerosolised high-velocity shit, just like everything else on the railway...
If you've not already looked back through the thread, I've put the UTX piping in place (post #879).
Admittedly, some of it does need some more weathering.

Published by: Steve, on 16 February 2020.

That is Steve of . . . . . Steve's 009 and 09 Adventure
Models of narrow gauge railways in O9 and 009, visits to exhibitions and real railways.

Fun at the Festival

Last weekend was The Festival of British Railway Modelling. My little layout had a good pitch, off of the main hall and behind the BRM stand. At 31 inches long by 23 inches wide (78x58cm) it was rather dwarfed by the vast space and the crowd barrier

1581860202789.png

On the evening before the show I asked Phil and Andy from BRM whether I should remove the barrier, they advised me to keep it because “people like something to lean on when they are looking at layouts”. How right they were!

There were lots of lovely layouts, some very large indeed. I was next to James Street by Steve Wright. It’s a huge N scale layout that’s 60 feet (18 metres) long with a four track mainline, a dockyard, two goods yards and a large terminus. Impressive stuff . . .

Chris Mead’s ‘Overlord’, is based loosely on Southampton and Portsmouth dockyards and shows the hectic quayside activities around the time of the D Day landings. The number of OO scale models, including trains, boats and military vehicles, is incredible. It is hard to imagine the number of hours of modelling that have gone into this layout . . . .

There were even locos loading wagons inside the ships!

Published by: Steve, on 16 February 2020.

That is Steve of . . . . . Steve's 009 and 09 Adventure
Models of narrow gauge railways in O9 and 009, visits to exhibitions and real railways.

Fun at the Festival

Last weekend was The Festival of British Railway Modelling. My little layout had a good pitch, off of the main hall and behind the BRM stand. At 31 inches long by 23 inches wide (78x58cm) it was rather dwarfed by the vast space and the crowd barrier

View attachment 450202

On the evening before the show I asked Phil and Andy from BRM whether I should remove the barrier, they advised me to keep it because “people like something to lean on when they are looking at layouts”. How right they were!

There were lots of lovely layouts, some very large indeed. I was next to James Street by Steve Wright. It’s a huge N scale layout that’s 60 feet (18 metres) long with a four track mainline, a dockyard, two goods yards and a large terminus. Impressive stuff . . .

Chris Mead’s ‘Overlord’, is based loosely on Southampton and Portsmouth dockyards and shows the hectic quayside activities around the time of the D Day landings. The number of OO scale models, including trains, boats and military vehicles, is incredible. It is hard to imagine the number of hours of modelling that have gone into this layout . . . .

There were even locos loading wagons inside the ships!

Glad it went well for you.
There are some great layouts.

Been working on mine most of the week.
Good progress made.

Attachments

Glad it went well for you.
There are some great layouts.
Errr . . . . The above, is NOT me !!

It/he, pops-up in my News-Feed, and I re-post on here for the interest of others.

I do have boxes full of my own LNER/Late BR/transition-to-diesel, Hornby rail models/collection; and, a now disused 30 year old "lay-out" downstairs, from when my son was but just-a-boy ;) .

All the LMS/Early BR below, is my son's, and has subsequently followed him to Oregon where he and my grandson enjoy them!

PASSENGER LOCO's (1).jpg

PASSENGER LOCO's (2).jpg

BR PASSENGER CARRIAGES.jpg

GOODS (FREIGHT) LOCO's.jpg

GOODS ROLLING STOCK & BRAKE VANS.jpg

Trains 26JUN2015 044.jpg

Last edited:
Errr . . . . The above, is NOT me !!

It/he, pops-up in my News-Feed, and I re-post on here for the interest of others.

I do have boxes full of my own LNER/Late BR/transition-to-diesel, Hornby rail models/collection; and, a now disused 30 year old "lay-out" downstairs, from when my son was but just-a-boy ;) .

All the LMS/Early BR below, is my son's, and has subsequently followed him to Oregon where he and my grandson enjoy them!

View attachment 450322

View attachment 450323

View attachment 450324

View attachment 450325

View attachment 450326

View attachment 450327
The Duchesses are mine, drool drool, mine I tell you

Just a reminder . . . The following, is NOT me !! ;) .

+ + + + + + + +

Posted by Steve, Steve's 009 and 09 Adventure, on 7 March, 2020.

Beccles Narrow Gauge Exhibition 2020

1583669557072.png

1583669582208.png

As a former of OC of an RCT(V) Ambulance Squadron . . . I do hope it is NOT the intention to load those munitions into a vehicle identified with a Red Cross !!

Latest Threads