End of NAAFI

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by exile1, Jun 10, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. According to a story in the Torygraph, the demise of the NAAFI org is going to happen. Does this mean we will have a change of forum name?

2. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

The SPAR?

3. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

Possibly rename it as the naked bar and admission rights would only be possible by posting a cock photo or a clunge photo for our lady soldiers.

4. Barring time in the Falklands or Ascension, I can't recall seeing a NAAFI since PAYD came in.

Maybe we should rename the NAAFI Bar Oasis? (Desert(ed) watering hole)

5. That bad?

6. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

shame they couldn't let it out of the box to become a general spar franchise. tesco will end up sticking one stops in everycamp.

7. Not before time. It is a dreadful organisation which, had it been possessed of 1% the business skills of the average NI 'Choggi' would have long ago been floated on the stock exchange!

Good riddance!

• Like Like x 4
  8. The shops were never much cop, limited selection and grossly overpriced but the bars provided an excellent extension to training facilities.

Conflict resolution, milling, first aid, 50m hurdles to name but four...

9. Still have EFI shops in theatre though?

Sent in a harsh font, using finger paints

10. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

I wonder if wetherspoons can be persuaded to go into barracks?

11. If I were in charge of Wetherspoons it'd be my first punt (if NAAFI really are leaving the licensed trade as well as the retail). Stick your motorway service pub up yer bum, a Wetherspoon's in every base, establishment and camp in the UK and abroad? Ching! Ching!