END OF KATIES KITCHEN

It is with great sadness we have to inform all our great Royal Artillery friends that Sodexho has finally given KATIES KITCHEN our marching orders. As from 2nd of September we are no longer allowed to trade. After 27 years we are gutted and know we will be missed. We will certainly miss all our customers, some who have become good friends.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
You lasted longer than dutchies in CTC

Fight the power:dance:

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
Why doesn't everyone at Larkhill , Bulford , and Tidworth just boycott the Sodexo cookhouse. Hit them where it hurts ,in the pocket.

It's not as if they produce decent scoff worth paying for is it.
They can only survive if they have paying customers ie the garrison stationed there, if those people don't use the Sodexo cookhouse facilities then Sodexo are operating at a loss which would be unsustainable over a period of time.

42 Commando did for a month and there were ructions about it. All people need to do is vote with their feet.

I thought Dutchies was still going strong?

Hi Pam, thanks for doing that. People are being so supportive, it's very heartening and I really do appreciate it. My mobile number is [Number removed].
Cheers
Lin from Katie's Kitchen

Mod edit: PM each other if you're going to swap personal details.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've put this on the other thread as well.

Who's the local MP for the area?
See if they will step up to the plate and get involved in their community. Lots of squaddies votes and them standing up for local people, loafs of PR for them. Use it too your advantage.

They can only survive if they have paying customers ie the garrison stationed there, if those people don't use the Sodexo cookhouse facilities then Sodexo are operating at a loss which would be unsustainable over a period of time.
Not exactly true
The core meals element is paid for by the MOD
Before PAYD the running costs and core meal were paid for by the MOD
With PAYD the soldier gets their food money in their wages, and the choice of the core meal, taking other options served or eating somewhere else

Protest by not turning up and they still get paid to run the kitchen - the staff can twiddle their thumbs
Turn up and ONLY take the core meal - they have to run the kitchen and the meal cost goes to the ingredients. They make no extra profit from the non core options

Not exactly true
The core meals element is paid for by the MOD
Before PAYD the running costs and core meal were paid for by the MOD
With PAYD the soldier gets their food money in their wages, and the choice of the core meal, taking other options served or eating somewhere else

Protest by not turning up and they still get paid to run the kitchen - the staff can twiddle their thumbs
Turn up and ONLY take the core meal - they have to run the kitchen and the meal cost goes to the ingredients. They make no extra profit from the non core options

Ahhhhhh. OK, that does make sense. If Sodexo are hit in their profits margin they'll soon take notice of what's going on.

Kate. Sodexo cannot stop you trading in a public area can they.
Go very mobile, I should imagine that loads of Gunners have your number. Maybe diversify and take orders over the phone that can be delivered to the lads on the ranges .

That way you aren't selling on Sodexo sites, merely delivering goods that have been purchased via the phone.
Get into the officers and Seniors and let them know what you're doing.
Where there's a will there's a way.

Latest Threads