Encrypted issued USB pen drive retained on retirement

I stupidly kept a USB stick which was encrypted from when I retired, it's got into the hands of a third party who is querying the legality of my possession of it in a court case. I was stupid enough not to remove all douments from 2006 and inadvertantly offered that it was issued to me whilst still in.
Does anybody know if there is anything I can use to legitimise my possession of it?
Thanks

I stupidly kept a USB stick which was encrypted from when I retired, it's got into the hands of a third party who is querying the legality of my possession of it in a court case. I was stupid enough not to remove all douments from 2006 and inadvertantly offered that it was issued to me whilst still in.
Does anybody know if there is anything I can use to legitimise my possession of it?
Thanks
Just say "I forgot and nobody asked for it". If it's encrypted presumably the documents are still safe.

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
I used to be the RN Information Assurance Officer. You're fucked. If the Misuse of Computers Act doesn't get you then the Data Protection Act will. Failing that we haven't even ventured to the Offical Secrets Act and the Theft Act. There is also the little used but useful Failure to Declare regulations over holding encrypted data.

If I were you I would join the FFL under an assumed name and hope for the best. Also that noise, it's them prepping the door to blow and arrest you. If I were you I would hid right now!

Not all of this post is true. Except the "you're fucked" bit

Thanks
How's the divorce going, apart from this?

Thanks

Divorce turned nasty?

Thanks
Defect to the Democratic People's Republic of Korea... quick as you like.

Yes I had. I tried to confirm l was authorised to having it by saying it was looked at by a department that I made up and deemed out of date and they said I could keep it similar to skin to skin worn uniform. Judge is wanting more details now and wanting me to provide JSP regs regarding it

I was thinking I was fucked but hoped I had bullshitted my way out of it. Now the other side will be looking for JSP to say I shouldn't have it and I'm worried they'll find something

Does the court think there is something 'nasty' on it that you might use against the aggrieved party? I cant see them being interested in it otherwise.
We need copies of any filth on it so we can provide further advice.

As the net is closing in my advice is to watch "Starred Up" to get an idea of what the next phase of your life will look like.

What's on the USB stick? Why do you care if your wife gets it, especially if it's encrypted?
Some financial records I copied from a USB flash drive she had relating to her family. I tried to justify it by saying we had our own USB flash drives mine issued to me before I retired and now judge wants to know how I didn't return it when I retired

two pages in and nobody has suggested any form of prison assault. (Emphasis on the ass part of course)

Some financial records I copied from a USB flash drive she had relating to her family. I tried to justify it by saying we had our own USB flash drives mine issued to me before I retired and now judge wants to know how I didn't return it when I retired
Just come clean. There's no bluffing your way out. Haven't you got a solicitor to run this by?

Latest Threads