EMTEC Noisebreakers - Ear defence

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by rabid spaniel, May 8, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There is a thread elsewhere (QMs I think) but it doesn't really discuss these. I have decided to invest in some proper ear defence (no more belly button fluff balled up and stuck in my ear) before the season and am currently planning on these : Welcome to Emtec Laboratories

Good review in Shooting Times, but anyone had first hand experience and comment/ suggest cheaper (<£75) better options?

2. Good quick service when I dealt with them about 5 years ago, but they are sometimes not comfortable enough to be worn for as long as their marketing suggests.

Insertable ear plugs are not as good as over the ear protectors (especially for large calibre rifle) but are fine for shotgun stuff. I would favour investing in over the ear Peltor electric ones, or something as close as your budget allows. If you have to get insertable ones then Emtec are as good as many.
  3. Thanks - it is for nothing more than 12g (less the occasional cabby on .243)
  4. That should be fine mate.