Emsav - Sad News

spaz

LE
RIP Emsav. Never knew you, but enjoyed your posts.See you in Valhalla.
I'm pretty sure she's not going to Valhalla, it seems to be reserved for those who die in combat.

There could be an alternative for civilians who post on the internet about shipping containers and stuff, I'm not sure.

Last edited:
That is sad news. She was worth paying attention to on here.

Unremarkable

Old-Salt
I'm pretty sure she's not going to Valhalla, it seems to be reserved for those who die in combat.

There could be an alternative for civilians who post on the internet about shipping containers and stuff, I'm not sure.
Having cared for so many who battled cancer and lost, I beg to differ.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
She added some interesting post at times.
It’s a mystery how cancer takes hold.
Condolences to any family that may read the forum

We've recently received the sad news that @Emsav passed away on Sunday 30th June, surrounded by her family, after a brave three year battle with cancer.

Her funeral will take place on Thursday 18th July at Cathédrale Saint-Paul-Aurélien, Kastell-Paol at 1100 hours followed by interment at Cimetière, Rue de Morlaix, 29250 Kastell-Paol to which all are welcome. Family flowers only, charitable donations to Société Nationale de Sauvetage en Mer, Station SNSM de Roscoff, 29680 Roscoff in her memory would be acceptable.

I'm sure all members of the site join me in offering condolences to her family.
I didn't know which icon to press, but my total condolences....

We've recently received the sad news that @Emsav passed away on Sunday 30th June, surrounded by her family, after a brave three year battle with cancer.
Her funeral will take place on Thursday 18th July at Cathédrale Saint-Paul-Aurélien, Kastell-Paol at 1100 hours followed by interment at Cimetière, Rue de Morlaix, 29250 Kastell-Paol to which all are welcome. Family flowers only, charitable donations to Société Nationale de Sauvetage en Mer, Station SNSM de Roscoff, 29680 Roscoff in her memory would be acceptable.
I'm sure all members of the site join me in offering condolences to her family.
@Bad CO -
I am sorry to hear that, three years of illness explains her absence from ARRSE.
I found her posts interesting and informative. We also exchanged a number of PM's on various topics. Both of us are or were lawyers and her legal takes on things were interesting. France has a number of classes of lawyer and I regret I cannot recall exactly which she was but I do recall on one of our exchanges that she had been the prosecutor in a capital case and got a conviction. Three year later evidence developed which completely vindicated the man convicted, before the man was executed. She was horrified that she could have sent an innocent man to his death. This had to be before 1981 when the French abolished the death penalty. We had a lot of exchanges comparing the US and French legal systems and gaining some understanding of the differences.

One interesting thing about her was that a French citizen she did not truly consider herself French. She was from Brittany, her first language was Brezhoneg (Breton) not French and she was an ardent advocate for preserving Breizh culture. For those curious Brezhoneg is a Celtic language a bit like Cornish and a lesser bit like Welsh although there are a few similarities to Irish (similar pronunciation for words spelled very differently)

One thing. As the charity suggested sounds a bit like RNLI I am thinking about sending a modest donation to them. I wondered how they would know who were sending donations and looked at our PM exchanges to find her name.
I don't think it can now violate Jaclyn-Althia (Emsav's) PERSEC to include her full name:
Dr Jaclyn-Althia Duchenay

Unremarkable

Old-Salt
Brezhoneg, like Kernewek, is a descendant of South British, carried to Armorica by British Celtic refugees during the Anglo-Saxon invasion. Cymraeg is a descendant of North British. There are few enough of us, now we're one fewer. I really wish I knew Dr. Duchenay.

Indeed sad news. Her obvious intelligence shone through and given her eloquence and skills in communicating in a second language underlined that.

Tìr na h-Òigridh

Just found it www.snsm.org .
It is the French equivelant of RNLI and mostly staffed by volunteers and supported mostly by donations.
If you sail or swim in French territory it is them who will come to your assistance, if you get in trouble.

RIP. Like many other Arrsers I enjoyed her posts and missed her these past few years.
My condolences to her family.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Always polite, erudite and thoughtful - why the hell did she post on Arrse?

RIP Madame.

Latest Threads