Employment Opportunity: City Trader

Discussion in 'Jobs Offered' started by ForcesJobShop, Mar 31, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ForcesJobShop

ForcesJobShop Sponsor

Job Type:permanent
    Region:South East, South West, West Midlands, East Midlands, East Anglia, North West, North East, Scotland
    Salary Description:£OTE ~50k first year

Are you looking for your first step into a city finance career? Want to earn a secondary income at a time that suits you? Want to become a professional trader and earn a ...

For further information, please follow the link:

City Trader | Whole of UK and Overseas training available | Forces Jobshop
  2. This isn't an "employment opportunity" it's a course that someone can pay for. I'm also very sceptical about the whole thing. This should be removed by the mods.
  3. ForcesJobShop

ForcesJobShop Sponsor

We endeavour to place in front of service leavers and their dependants as many opportunities/choices as possible; whether they are training opportunities to become qualified for advertised vacancies (or to become self employed), franchise opportunities or standard job vacancies. This particular opportunity has had vast interest from serving and retired personnel.

4. I'm sure it has! I looked at it also, until I realised it was a course. People are interested because the lure of making millions as a trader.
  5. Would be interested what Banker has to say about this.
  6. Having worked for Investec, and Bear Stearns (back in the goold old day before they went tits up) I can say that there is no "magic way in" A lot of traders apply for a junior role in the bank, on a relatively low salary, and after a few years graft get the opportunity to shadow on a trade floor, then move from there.

I have a friend who's an independent FX trader, and he's never heard of LondonStoneTrading (not that means much I assume?)