Employment off shore or overseas

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by fatsplasher, Dec 29, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just after any info on recruitment/employment agencies for off-shore or overseas work in the catering sector.
  2. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

3. Have you ever run the catering support for a camp? If you're familiar with the general admin (food, laundry, other admin requirements) you should search for jobs as a 'Camp Boss'. No wah. Offshore and onshore oil and gas companies use them, and a good Camp Boss is hugely appreciated.
  4. In my, albeit limited, experience on overseas contracts like this, even the most unlikely places have catering operations by Eurest and so on with local staff at any level that someone eating there would see. For example, on a couple of survey vessels I was on in the Persian Gulf, catering was by Eurest with Indian or Filipino catering staff, the latter usually the senior ones. As they can be employed for the square root of feck all you'd have to be pitching in for jobs much higher up the food chain to make it worth your while.
  5. 'Fraid you're right. Last three Camp Bosses I met (this year) have been 2 x Indians, 1 x Gabonese.