• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Employment after the service

I'm looking to sign on very soon as a Royal Engineer, possibly either an Armoured Engineer or a Fabricator. But one of the things that troubles me about the army is life after it.

This is probably a bad thing (and time to ask) considering that I am not yet even in the army, but what are the employment oppurtunities like after the army? Any advice would be appreciated.

i did it in reverse. got my sparking qualification, now joining REME as something completely different, when i do eventually come out, ive always got an electrical job as fall back.

are you not in a position to get a trade before you go in? whats your age?

You can't join the SIB straight away, son. You've got to do some time as a 'lid' first.
Great career advice biscuits ! A lid, you Fed twat ! A shiny suit, pirate shoes and a Lidl briefcase.............maybe a drink driving conviction to enable him to persue a Queens Commission in fedsville.

..... possibly either an Armoured Engineer .....
Is Armd Engr considered a trade these days?

If it is, I would avoid it. Have a look at electrician or the fitter trades. They are more usefull on civvie street.

Unless of course you want to be a fat armoured pie eating know it all, who has a PFA time equal to his waist size in inches.

Is Armd Engr considered a trade these days?

If it is, I would avoid it. Have a look at electrician or the fitter trades. They are more usefull on civvie street.

Unless of course you want to be a fat armoured pie eating know it all, who has a PFA time equal to his waist size in inches.
He has already sacked it mate. Binned trg after day one. Another thread running on it.

Nothing wrong with pie eaters ; )

He has already sacked it mate. Binned trg after day one. Another thread running on it.
hahahaha You're ******* joking me! Quality.

Nothing wrong with pie eaters ; )
No, definately not. I suppose they are handy for buying up the XXXL tour tshirts that nobody else wants to buy. And ensuring absolutley no rations go to waste whatsoever, on ops or exercise. 'Whats that? Treacle pudding going in the gash bag, no no no throw it this way young'un'

Latest Threads