Employers of Illegal Immigrants Hunted Down

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Sven, May 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. About time.

Link

2. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

Then again working ilegals are of far more use than the 2nd and 3rd generation dolists we seem to have hundred of thousands of. The ilegals actualy do some kind of work.

3. But don't pay tax, national insurance etc etc. More importantly, the employers don't have to make any contributions either.

4. Trans-sane

But dolist don't pay tax, NI etc. etc. They have no employers needing to maker contributions either...

Edit: At least the ilegals are doing something more ecconomically useful than allowing the Jeremy Kyle show to sell advertising to Ocean Finance and Abulance chasing lawers.

5. I'm bloody glad you and the limp dumb party will never get elected.

6. Than again if the employers didn't have a load of illegals working for less than minimum wage with no checks and balances then perhaps they would be forced into employing some of these "dolists".

If the employers start suffering due to a lack of workers then you can be sure that the government would be forced to do something to make those who use the dole as a way of life get a job.

7. Trans-sane

As I said, the 2nd and 3rd generation dolists don't want a job. There was a Dispatches special on imigration. The presenter stood outside a dole office and asked people coming out what they thought of the polish coming into this country.

Near universal answer was "B*stards are taking our jobs. I'm on the dole because of them." The presenter then said he could get a job for one of the loudest of them at £7 per hour, picking vegetables on a nearby farm. His response "I'm not doing that. Standing out in a field all day? I'd rather be on the dole."

8. :yawn: I'm sorry, but as far as I can see people have been entering this country illegally and working illegally for so long now it is just impossible to find all of them and their employers.

Yes I know that the Police probably know of the whereabouts of a large number of them but if the Police were to round them all up and ship them all out what would happen then?

A large number will be straight to court spouting 'human rights' clogging up our already overloaded judicial system while some of the remainder will start protests. What about the likes of Amnesty International, surely they would become involved?

All of this will cost the British taxpayer millions meaning more tax of cigarettes, booze and cars to pay for it. How much will this cost our economy? Whilst there presence may not be legal I'm sure it will take companies some time to find replacements, if they can afford to.

9. msr

msr LE

Until the dole becomes 'community employment' where you have to work for it and welfare payments are returned to being a safety net rather than a lifestyle choice, this country will remain over-run with chavscum.

msr

10. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Seconded.

11. I haven't seen the report because I am out of the country at the moment and my proxy is acting up!

However, not sure if this is common knowledge but where do you think chinese takeaways/restaurants get their cooks and waiters?!

If someone were minded to get hold of some illegal immigrants as an example to all, he/she need only raid the local takeaway.

Waiters earn about 140 quid a week all in. The bloke at the chinese takeaway probably earns about 4 pounds/hr. Cooks are apparently in greater demand. I've been told they can get about 250 quid/month because few have the skills/tolerance for cooking in a takeaway.

No doubt, the situation is similar in indian takeaways, though I do not have first hand knowledge of this.

12. Yes, hopefully we will now see Govt Ministers and Local Govt Officers in court. They are, after all, the biggest employers of illegal immigrants.

13. Sorry Sven, perhaps you could provide a link to show these illegal immigrants, or more specifically their employers, were not paying tax and NI from pay? It certainly wasn't mentioned or even implied in the report you linked to.

The 'raid' on the poultry plant featured in the clip turned up 22 illegal immigrants from 49 workers - so presumably it makes economic sense for the remaining 27 employees to work at that factory.

Ironic that you, a supposed liberal, are neither socially nor economically liberal in this instance. Imagine, the terrible consequences that would ensue where we to give people the freedom and incentive to come to this country and try and earn a living :roll:

As far as I am concerned, if they are making an economic contribution to the country then let them stay. If there are questions of employers evading tax then that should be a matter for HMRC.

And as for stealing jobs - by what right do those jobs belong to anyone?

Pay_Mistri

14. Birth right perhaps? ie being born and raised in this country, contributing the system.
    There is not an automatic right for all comers to come to this country just because they may (or may not) contribute to the national economy.

15. Once upon a time, I used to run a small business. I got a letter from the Home Office listing all of the horrendous penalties that would be imposed if I employed illegals.

I was warned that posession of a NI number card, or even a valid NI number was no proof that somebody could work legally. The cards are easily forged and, at that time, there was no way of checking whether an NI number was genuine.

At the end of the letter, I was told that I'd be prosecuted for racism if I asked to see foreigners' passports before employing them.

And they wonder why companies are relocating abroad as never before.