Employer feelings??

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Ozduke, Apr 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Excuse my TA ignorance, but I'm currently working with the Aussie Army Reserves on "Ops" and I'd been keen to find out how HMF handle civvy employers whilst you guys are deployed. I understand there's stacks of TA blokes away in Iraq etc at the moment.

How do they (The Army) maintain contact and provide good PR to civvy companies etc?
  2. msr

msr LE

3. I'd also recommend reading some of the employer related threads on this board to see how the reality can differ from the ideal.
  4. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Oddly enough, there's an international conference on Employer Support to Reservists going on at this very minute in London - seems others want to know what we do as well.

SaBRE are indeed your best bet for details - they are knowledgeable, approachable, and oddly good-looking (And no, I don’t work there....)
  5. The nioce people say that reservists are a valuable member of the team and bring with them a sense of maturity and knowledge.

Reality kicks in and you can work for someone like i do. They hate the idea, were p1ssed off when i told them i was joining, and have avoided the issue of leave, ops etc like the plague!! They've even refused me a contract for my new role (i'm sure this is illegal) along with the payrise for said new role, finding a whole world of excuses not to!! Why am i still here, who fookin knows - i'm looking!
  6. I had issues when i was called up and they appealed against it even though they had an official policy that gave me extra holiday for my commitments, the ideal and the reality are very different...
    I had to quit my job to go on tour