Employer details

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Forastero, Apr 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Forastero

    Forastero LE Moderator

    Right. After an exasperating hour of phone calls between my unit, JPAC, APC and SPVA I am no nearer to finding out my employer details. Do any RHQ ninjas know the exact details of my employers? Not my unit but the actual details of HM Forces as the employer and contacts. I've done this once before some time ago and the answer was something like:

    APC Glasgow
    Kentigern House
    etc, etc

    For this form I need to complete, I need full address as well as phone and email. Grateful for any help or pointers anyone can provide.
  2. Army Personnel Centre,
    Kentigern House,
    65 Brown Street,
    G2 8EX
    Tel: 0845 600 9663
  3. Forastero

    Forastero LE Moderator

    Been down that route but that's not it apparently.
  4. Forastero

    Forastero LE Moderator

    Hilarious. No, really. What are you, the duty mong?
  5. Ungrateful fcuker. Sense of humour failure today, or are you on the blob?
  6. Forastero

    Forastero LE Moderator

    No, sense of humour failure. Am overseas and cannot get a straight answer out of anyone. :x

    Cheers for the link but that just seems to highlight the problem about getting a straight answer to a seemingly simple question!
  7. That's the MoD for you. Civil servants ducking and diving at all levels.

    What is it you need? A reference?
  8. Sixty

    Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

    The notoriously useless search facility on ArmyNet threw this up:

    APC Civ Sec - Disclosures 1
    MP 520, Kentigern House,
    65 Brown Street, Glasgow G2 8EX Tel: 0845 600 9663
    Fax: 0141 224 3422
    Email: disc1.civsec@apc.army.mod.uk

    Hopefully they'll be able to point you in the right direction if it's not them.
  9. Forastero

    Forastero LE Moderator

    Tried them as well! The route I took this morning:

    Google APC - and variations thereof - and only come up with Disclosures. Call helpline listed and eventually get through to confused bloke who says we are disclosures, call your desk officer. I know he won't have the answer but call anyway, speak to lackey and desk officer is away all week. Fine, call UAO. UAO says don't know but have you tried SPVA and Army Net to check P60 for employer details. Check Army Net but P60 doesn't have employer details and search on Army Net comes up with bugger all. Call SPVA who say don't know, have you tried JPAC. Call JPAC and confuse hell out of Doris. Doris speaks to line manager, Doris gives me beginning of address in HMS Nelson, goes to speak to line manager again, comes back and says they don't have any details and should speak to my unit. Done that says I, they say I should speak to you. Stalemate. Gave up, posted here and in the end stuck this in the form:

    HM Forces
    JPAC Enquiry Centre
    Mail Point 465
    Kentigern House
    65 Brown St
    G2 8EX

    Tel: 0141 224 3600
    email: JPAC@spva.mod.uk

    I have no idea if this is correct but I have better things to do than waste 3 hours trying to get a simple answer to a simple question. What a pain in the arse!
  10. According to who?
  11. Forastero

    Forastero LE Moderator

    My UAO and the 'helpline' at APC.
  12. It may assist if you explain the nature of your enquiry - not tax is it?
  13. When I left ( a couple of years ago) my P45 (I still have a copy) gave my employers name and address as:

    Armed Forces Payroll Manager
    Centurian Building
    Grange Road
    PO13 3AX

    It surprised me, as I wasn't RN. In all other dealings, I gave APC Glasgow as my previous employer - it seemed to work.