Employee protection and SABRE a waste of space.

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by JFKDorset, May 20, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was mobilised again last year and when I was told this was likley informed my civillian employer. Over night what had been a suer job with a local authority, turned into a nightmare. I was subject to abuse, ridicule, inspections of my work, undue and undeserved criticism.
    My area manager phoned my TA unit and said "he told us that he might be mobilised but we dont believe the army would actually want him". Eventually when I did recieve the mob notice a month or so later, things only got worse. Some of my seniors started not to do their own work properly and then the manger would "find the errors" and blame me sometimes in public, sometimes in the works communications book. In the end I resigned, honour dictates that an employer who behaves like that isn't worth working for but the MOD protection policy is a total waste of time, heavily loaded in the employers favour.
    A friend was once sacked by his employer whilst he was on his recruits course with the RNR, the course was taken out of his holiday. The Employers reason was that they didn't want their employees to have divided loyalties and membership of the Reserve Forces was something the company couldn't condone. That comapny Boots the chemist is one of the shining stars of SABRE, the RNR told my friend they could do nothing and offered him full time work.
    The MOD policy on employee protection is nothing more than a joke, a completely pointless attempt to make it look like they are doing something. Also gets lots of senior officers a chance to find their next job after leaving the services.
  2. I love all these good news stories about mobilisation..... Not
  3. The MoD policy on such issues is that they do ... nothing. Once they've thrust a copy of the appropriate booklet into your sweaty palm at Chilwell as you fly out the door they - officially, and as a matter of recorded policy, wash their hands of you.

The only thing you'll get out of them is a patronising exhortation to use the legislation and the implication that it's your own fault for not prosecuting your former employer hard enough. After all, it's easy to find the money to pay a brief to prosecute an organisation most likely lying through their teeth using untried and untested legislation when you're out of work ? Isn't it ?