Emma Chambers dies at 53

Fuck me, the whineing about a thread devoted to one persons death is pretty impressive.

They are pixels, they are not rationed or in short supply. No kittens were killed to enable this thread to be created.

She was funny,talented,well liked by all and, made the World a happier place.

There aren't many people you can say that about.
My OJAR said something similar, didn't help though.

**** me, the whineing about a thread devoted to one persons death is pretty impressive.

They are pixels, they are not rationed or in short supply. No kittens were killed to enable this thread to be created.
You mean I didn't really need to put the neighbour's dear little Tibbles and Mitzi in a sack and drown them?

Damn, I'll have to go round and apologise now. Apart from Tibbles and Mitzi, who's dead?

Last edited:
Don't ask me, I thought she was great actor, and I have given her an RIP in the dead pool thread, but there are a few people who obviously did and want a thread for her. I don't find that concept difficult to understand, you obviously do and I wish you well as you and the other idiots slowly trash a perfectly innocent thread.
Hold up,I asked a genuine question,ie what made her special? Certainly not my intention to trash the thread.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Never too early. Is she cold yet?
Most definitely, I've head there's a cold front coming in over the next few days, there may be reporting on this thread.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Hold up,I asked a genuine question,ie what made her special? Certainly not my intention to trash the thread.
She was genuinely funny and a delight to watch. I enjoyed her performances, some may not have: that IMHO, is their loss!

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I would still have given her the benefit of a portion of Smeg-sword. She had the look of a dorty bitch about her!

I would still have given her the benefit of a portion of Smeg-sword. She had the look of a dorty bitch about her!
I believe her last words were, "oh Smeg, where art though with your mighty sword - hurry, I need a portion belore I slip these earthly bounds".

It was either that or "eurrrrrrrrgh ugh" - it was difficult to tell really.

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I believe her last words were, "oh Smeg, where art though with your miniscule sword - hurry, I need a portion belore I slip these earthly bounds".

It was either that or "eurrrrrrrrgh ugh" - it was difficult to tell really.
Fixed!

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
She made me laugh when in a particular Dibley scene last week where she was about 8 months pregnant, she was explaining to Dawn French that her 'Baby' was wiggling' about inside her. Then she looked thoughtfully at Dawn French and said " I don't suppose you have ever had anything wiggling about inside you have you?" Dawn French gave one of her knowing looks! Sad another good one gone, and far far too early.

She made me laugh when in a particular Dibley scene last week where she was about 8 months pregnant, she was explaining to Dawn French that her 'Baby' was wiggling' about inside her. Then she looked thoughtfully at Dawn French and said " I don't suppose you have ever had anything wiggling about inside you have you?" Dawn French gave one of her knowing looks! Sad another good one gone, and far far too early.
Well, she had had the massively unfunny comedian Lenny Henry wiggling about inside her to be fair.

Well, she had had the massively unfunny comedian Lenny Henry wiggling about inside her to be fair.
You have seriously overstated his comedic ability there... 'massively' doesn't even begin to describe how unfunny the double shoulder chipped racist fucker is

I'm still trying to get over the fact that the real name of Fish, lead singer of '80s band Marillion, is 'Derek Dick'.

All things considered, 'Fish' seems quite a reasonable alternative.

You have seriously overstated his comedic ability there... 'massively' doesn't even begin to describe how unfunny the double shoulder chipped racist ****** is
And I thought I was the only one who thought that appreciation of his supposed comedic gifts were due more to the desire to honour his ancestry rather than his ability. How he ever gained the distinction of a knighthood is beyond me.

Last edited:
Good.
Her position can easily be replaced with an efnik!....the BBC smiled today.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F The NAAFI Bar 75
cheesypoptart Multinational HQ 14
Mighty_doh_nut The NAAFI Bar 100