Emergency stretcher / A frame bed - Looking for

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by H3, Nov 14, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. H3

H3 LE

Several moons ago when A frames were used in places like Brunei we used to get issued with one of these nylon sheets, it had pockets which ran along both sides so you could run poles through , it then looked like a stretcher but was used as your bed on the A frame.

In conjunction with the issue mosquito net and Aussie hootchie this was a great bit of kit .

So can any one point me in the right direction for one of these sheets, I have the rest but am missing the vital piece.

Cheers

2. hammock!
    I've seen a company called ANCHOR SUPPLIES who stock them , complete with spreader poles for about £10

3. This sort of thing?

[​IMG]

I think Denbeigh & Jay Jays do them - and, of course, ebay

4. H3

H3 LE

Besides the grab handles has that item got sleeves running up both sides so I can shove poles from one end to the other, this then makes the more rigid.

Cheers

Ps,

as for Hammocks go I’m not that sure about them and if I would get on with them, as I tend to move around allot in my pit !!!!

5. Mate, you wouldn't move around much in a Hennessy hammock, it holds you nice and secure like a Nun's clout.

Cutting poles for A-frames and the like is frowned upon these days as it leaves too much sign for trackers and is not too popular with the tree-huggers either.

6. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Nor, I suspect, is testing this theory in your local convent! :D

/Coat on...

7. What, even in the name of 'research' ... ?! :roll: :D :D

8. H3

H3 LE

Point taken re poles etc , I'm looking for another excuse to get back into the outdoors so a bit of Bushcraft along with my hill walking up Brecon might fit in well .

Don't need to worry about leaving sign just getting my but of the deck and under my basha .

It just might have to be a Hammock then along with a Rover chair and blazing fire .....