Emergency Budget 2010

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mentalist, Jun 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Here we go.

Tin foil hats everyone.

8O

2. Deputy Speaker wearing a RAMC Corps Tie !!

3. Now we'll find out what voting Tory really means. Waiting for them to hammer small businesses with increases in VAT and extra corporation tax. This country has a very very short memory, wait till jobs in forces get slashed when personally I think we should be increasing numbers. Voting Tory was like Turkeys voting for Christmas, I hope they don't damage the military but I wouldn't bank on it.

4. Just deleated my mongish other post on this subject

5. w_b

What planet are you on? Would we really be better of under another term of Labour?

6. Euro Preparations Unit has been abolished
    Didn't know we had one!

7. Gorden Brown,may god strike the lieing **** dead, kept that quit

8. Average departmental cut of 25% over the next 5 years, other than health and foreign aid

9. If voting for the Tories would have made me a turkey with a penchant for Christmas what the fuck would have voting labour made me? (I didn't get to vote by the way - The last government never managed to get me my postal vote until precisely 24 hours before it had to be back in the UK) Memories are indeed short. Have you forgotten why this country is in the ****ing state it's in or are you one of those idle fuckers on benefits and don't really care so long as the giro comes in every week? Labour had 13 years of pissing the tax payers money into the gutter and you slag the tories off for trying to sort out the pigshit economy they left behind. The tories may get it wrong but this is not a mess of their own making and I am prepared to give them a chance to sort out the mess we are in.

I hope this budget is as hard as promised because it will teach a few of the feckless idiots in the UK that there is nothing for free in this life.

10. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

11. operational allowance up no surprise there. Doubled

12. Public sector pay-
    2 year pay freeze except those under £21k who get £250pa pay rise for next two years

13. My bold - VAT should make no difference to you... you get to claim it all back.