Emergcney flying rations

On a recent visit to the Museum of Military History in Orlando, I saw a rather large crank handled radio beacon. Designed to be hand operated and send out a rescue signal. I suspect superseded by a nokia these days!
Nokia!? How retro!

Joking apart, it's a constant battle to enforce the 'no-phones' carried unless turned off and in a Faraday bag with the youngsters in the military these days.

Some USAF units have the right idea of nailing (quite literally) ANY mobile phone found on the person of ANYONE in a secure area to an appropriate wall in the relevant access control point as a warning about cyber security and comsec!

Regards,
MM

ugly

LE
So did Bomber Command ...
My grandads crew saved the egg banjos for the return leg! They didn’t get drugs as they were usually tucked up in bed just after midnight

Yokel

LE
Nokia!? How retro!

Joking apart, it's a constant battle to enforce the 'no-phones' carried unless turned off and in a Faraday bag with the youngsters in the military these days.

Some USAF units have the right idea of nailing (quite literally) ANY mobile phone found on the person of ANYONE in a secure area to an appropriate wall in the relevant access control point as a warning about cyber security and comsec!

Regards,
MM
If you get the frequency (of saying '"no mobile phones") right then it should start to resonate. No matter if their capacitance to learn is limited, try to be more inductive and there will be less reluctance.

Has anyone seen my coat?

Yokel

LE
By the way what exactly is a Faraday Bag? A bag with some sort of metallic mesh or lining to stop penetration by EM radiation? Skin depth, decibels, and shielding effectiveness come to mind.

If you put it on your head does it mean they cannot read your mind? If you fill it with pasta tubes, milk, and sugar, and leave it near a transmitter does it cook Marconi Pudding?

On a slightly less silly note, when I was at school one of my friends wanted to become an RAF Pilot. We thought up a some of survival bomb that an aircraft could carry an aerodynamic package of survival stores, and if your wingman got hit by a SAM or AAA you could drop it near his position.

By the way what exactly is a Faraday Bag? A bag with some sort of metallic mesh or lining to stop penetration by EM radiation?...
Correct.

Regards,
MM

Verwaltung

Swinger
Crusted in a white coat or not Rolos and Mars bars don’t change.

And if you got something to eat...be thankful, you could have gone without.
Mars bars have changed. When I was a kid they were hard, and a proper workout for the teeth and jaw. Now I recon I could crimp an inch off one just with my lips.

By the way what exactly is a Faraday Bag? A bag with some sort of metallic mesh or lining to stop penetration by EM radiation? Skin depth, decibels, and shielding effectiveness come to mind.

If you put it on your head does it mean they cannot read your mind? If you fill it with pasta tubes, milk, and sugar, and leave it near a transmitter does it cook Marconi Pudding?

On a slightly less silly note, when I was at school one of my friends wanted to become an RAF Pilot. We thought up a some of survival bomb that an aircraft could carry an aerodynamic package of survival stores, and if your wingman got hit by a SAM or AAA you could drop it near his position.
kind of like this?

Latest Threads