embellishments

Discussion in 'REME' started by sutabycer, Sep 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As a Member of the REME I am extremely proud of being in what is the best Corp in the Army, but now I am really starting to question why we are forced to purchase jumpers,shits, ranks slides when posted to unit that wears different ones,this is not been an issue until serving with a REME Bn and noticed the Royal Marine Commando in the training wing wearing a green beret, then he was ordered to change it to a blue one he rightly told the CO to go f**k him self and informed his Command change with the RM's who then wrote to the CO informing him under no circumstances will he wear a blue beret, IF ONLY WE HAD SOMEBODY AS STONG MINDED AS THIS SO I TOO CAN REMAIN WEARING THE UNIFORM I JOINED THE ARMY IN, PLEASE YOUR THOUGHTS. if you are at a REME Bn/unit are your attached personnel wearing any of are embellishments?????

4. I enjoyed having a range of different regimental tat, it ment that as I purchased them I owned them and could take them with me on posting. This ment that on leaving I had a nice pile of momento's showing the range of units I had served with. Different peeps look at things in different ways!

5. I saw this a month or so ago and could not believe my eyes, was it a certain AAC unit in North Yorkshire? when I asked the young Crafty why he had 2 TRFs on his answer was the CO etc etc. WTF planet are some people on :?

If anybody from DEME(A) is reading this, please sort this out! :censored:

6. Fcukin Hell.Things have got bad since I left,having o buy your own sh!ts now,they were free in my day, even in the REME.

When attached to an RA unit many years back,we wore the Battery scarves which we had to pay for ,made a great flannel on exercise and doubled as a hankie.

Stop whining about things you have no control over and deal with the things you can control. :wink:

7. I concur, I too have a nice collection of different colour berets and a few badges to boot, in the great scheme of things who the feck cares what colour berets we wear, or what badges we have to sew on when attached to different units, there are bigger dramas in the world at the moment to be worrying about.

It's actually a rather colourful set of momentoes from good and not so good times in the Army. :)

8. I'm sure you sincerely believe it, but this never happened, did it?

Or was it about the same time as the RAF guy was ordered to wear an army beret?

9. This may be true and it may be exaggerated but, there's a difference.

Army berets aren't necessarily earned in the same way the Commando green beret is - 16 Airborne, attached to the SAS, AAC, whatever - you wear the beret with your own regiment or corps badge. If you're qualified, you wear the qualification badge (wings or dagger).

Whereas unqualified marines wear the blue RN beret with a RM badge. RN Commando qualified personnel wear the green beret, even once they're no longer serving with 3 Bde. Whereas if you've not done Lympstone, you don't get the green beret.

Different service, different dress regs. That's all.

10. Not quite sure of the point you are making.

A Royal Marine is a Royal Marine
    As he was wearing a green commando beret in the first place. it's reasonable to assume he was commando qualified.

The point I am making is that no army CO would demand that someone from another service should change something that is so intrinsic to a Royal Marine.
    It just wouldn't happen (in my opinion!)

11. Maybe the story has been exaggerated and he was all arms trained rather then RM. In which case, it's up to the CO if he lets him wear a green lid or not.

12. Maybe it was me uncles dads brother, who told the CO to Fcuk Off,got to be true. :wink:

13. I know the CO in that Bn and I can assure you the RM would not have told him to go F**k himself, the conversation, if true, would have been slightly more diplomatic.

A quick phonecall should put this story to bed.[/quote]

your right about the conversation in that it was a bit more diplomatic than i said however, please ring the CO mate the Bn was 3 Bn from 96-99 and i'm sure many people remember (that served there at the time) the C/Sgt L and then his replacement C/sgt D, please keep us inform with your fiction phone call.

14. sutabycer,I initially thought that you were new to the Army,quite surprised,that at your level,you are getting all wound up about things like this.Have a word with yourself.

15. your right about the conversation in that it was a bit more diplomatic than i said however, please ring the CO mate the Bn was 3 Bn from 96-99 and i'm sure may people remember (that served there at the time) the C/Sgt L and then his replacement C/sgt D, please keep us inform with your fiction phone call.[/quote]

Wow that name just brought back memories of my JMC at 3 Bn, bends and stretches dished out by CSgt D. Very painful.