Embarrassing Typo

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by filthyphil, Sep 19, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Todays issue of the Sydney Morning Herald (smh.com.au) carries the story of reflective vests issued to Aboriginal Community Liason Officers. These officers attend incidents like alcohol fuelled riots and such, and to make them more visible, police decided to issue them with flourescent green vests, with ACLO prominently displayed. The vests were ordered, and duly arrived, but on issue were found to read ALCO. Oh, how we laughed. Any more unfortunate acronyms out there?
  2. Cambridge University Netball Team
  3. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Abbreviations and acronyms tend not to include conjunctions or prepositions, so when I noticed that there was a course in the offing that would issue a certificate following the successful conclusion I had a sudden vision of how it would look when framed and hung in the longdrop.

I was told that it would be a doddle even for a Luddite like myself, and began looking forward to passing this test of 'Computer Literacy and Information Technology.'

You can imagine my disappointment when the humourless barstards who ran the thing decided to include the conjunction in the abbeviated title on the nearly posh diploma, and the sweaty, pie-eating Puritan who 'taught' us handed me a cert for a CLAIT course...

Cnuts ! :evil:
  4. Fathers Against Rude Television

The War Against Terrorism
  5. Don't know if they still exist, but there was a group [fundamentalist/Christian based actually ] who ran a programme similar to Girl Guides, etc..for young women...
    not many introduced themselves as members . Why , yes I am a ---

Canadian Leaders In Training
  6. Stuart Hall, the erstwhile presenter of 'It's a Knockout' and he of the insufferably pompous mien, used to own a small (or is that short?) chain of travel agents' in the NW of England.

Stuart Hall International Travel.
  7. Of Greater Manchester Police, used to exist:

Fast Action Response Team
  8. CRap as they were formally known.....

Recognition features were skin tight OG trousers, garlic breath and a turd for a "Brevet"

Edited to add they were crap and all
  9. One for any fitness people out there, recently had to analyse as part of PE course a session of Super High Intensity Training
  10. I like it and will use it - repetitively. :D :p