Embarrassing jobs...

Ever since janitors became ' custodians' and garbage men were retitled ' sanitary engineers' ..there's been the PC rush to make jobs sound nicer, more important , more gee..

Well now a school in Scottsdale Arizona is getting the gears and, rightly so, ridicule for its attempts at making everything seem so ' proper '..

In an effort to underscore the ' focus on learning ' the Receptionist becomes " Director of First Impressions ", the Bus Driver is now the " Transporter of Learners " and the assistant superintendent of personnel is now the " Executive director of Human Capital " [ hey!!.. I liked being a ' personnel ' ! this makes me sound like a commodity !! ]...

crapcrapcrapcrap..

I'm going off to hide in my personal sanitary/ablutions chamber and - um - meditate...

Rocketeer said:
Well now a school in Scottsdale Arizona is getting the gears and, rightly so, ridicule for its attempts at making everything seem so ' proper '..
If it got me a job in Arizona, I'd not give a toss what the title of it was

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
When we have The Glorious Leader's head on a pike at Traitor's Gate I'd like a job in the new government - Minister for Internal Stability strikes me as a good title.

I saw quite an interesting documentary over here a couple of weeks back where a supplier of pig sperm for artificial insemination was calmly explaining about his job in a matter of fact way while w@nking off a pig. That has to be something most people would normally keep quiet about. :lol:

Cutaway said:
When we have The Glorious Leader's head on a pike at Traitor's Gate I'd like a job in the new government - Minister for Internal Stability strikes me as a good title.
you gonna be a flatulence inspector then!!
:wink: :wink:
B_T

Sanitation engineer = charwoman

(that kind of thing really winds me up - I didn't go to University for 4 years to study to call myself an engineer & then to find the title so abused. It makes me sooooo mmmmaaaaddddd!

Fuchs66 said:
I saw quite an interesting documentary over here a couple of weeks back where a supplier of pig sperm for artificial insemination was calmly explaining about his job in a matter of fact way while w@nking off a pig. That has to be something most people would normally keep quiet about. :lol:
indeed it was listed number 10 out of 100 crap jobs , in the "book of crap jobs" from the same publisher of "crap towns"
postman is listed number 7 and i fukin agree with every word of it !
Number 1 being phone sex line operator
spy is 17 out 100
there some really strange job titles in it too
pill flicker
garlic grader
pie holemaker
etc

methinks time to start a thread

MDN's hoop cleaner, Cuts told me that was a shite job.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
fish-head said:
MDN's hoop cleaner, Cuts told me that was a shite job.
It is. However a protective rubber suit is issued and the wkg conditions are far from cramped.

This isn't an embarassing job, but when I was a student in Germany I got a holiday job sticking barcodes onto plastic tool boxes.

I have never had so much fun 8O