Embarrassing jobs...

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Rocketeer, Mar 8, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ever since janitors became ' custodians' and garbage men were retitled ' sanitary engineers' ..there's been the PC rush to make jobs sound nicer, more important , more gee..

Well now a school in Scottsdale Arizona is getting the gears and, rightly so, ridicule for its attempts at making everything seem so ' proper '..

In an effort to underscore the ' focus on learning ' the Receptionist becomes " Director of First Impressions ", the Bus Driver is now the " Transporter of Learners " and the assistant superintendent of personnel is now the " Executive director of Human Capital " [ hey!!.. I liked being a ' personnel ' ! this makes me sound like a commodity !! ]...

crapcrapcrapcrap..

I'm going off to hide in my personal sanitary/ablutions chamber and - um - meditate...

2. If it got me a job in Arizona, I'd not give a toss what the title of it was

3. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

When we have The Glorious Leader's head on a pike at Traitor's Gate I'd like a job in the new government - Minister for Internal Stability strikes me as a good title.

4. Delivery Officer Pat & his black & white mouse catching operative doesn't have the same ring to it either!

5. I saw quite an interesting documentary over here a couple of weeks back where a supplier of pig sperm for artificial insemination was calmly explaining about his job in a matter of fact way while w@nking off a pig. That has to be something most people would normally keep quiet about. :lol:

6. what on earth was HIS politically correct title?

7. you gonna be a flatulence inspector then!!
    :wink: :wink:
    B_T

8. J_D

J_D LE

If its got a glorified name its a crap job!

9. Sanitation engineer = charwoman

(that kind of thing really winds me up - I didn't go to University for 4 years to study to call myself an engineer & then to find the title so abused. It makes me sooooo mmmmaaaaddddd!

10. indeed it was listed number 10 out of 100 crap jobs , in the "book of crap jobs" from the same publisher of "crap towns"
    postman is listed number 7 and i fukin agree with every word of it !
    Number 1 being phone sex line operator
    spy is 17 out 100
    there some really strange job titles in it too
    pill flicker
    garlic grader
    pie holemaker
    etc

methinks time to start a thread

11. MDN's hoop cleaner, Cuts told me that was a shite job.

12. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

It is. However a protective rubber suit is issued and the wkg conditions are far from cramped.

13. This isn't an embarassing job, but when I was a student in Germany I got a holiday job sticking barcodes onto plastic tool boxes.

I have never had so much fun 8O