Elvis has joined the army

TheAssassin

War Hero
Today is 62nd anniversary of Elvis joining up, would have loved to hear how his stories of life in West Germany compared to the usual BAOR ones

WALT

War Hero
Nothing impressive, I gather. I saw a documentary on his eating habits many years ago ( forget which channel ). Apparently he never left the base as he couldn't get grits and sloppy joes anywhere else.
According to the documentary, he never ate out in restaurants as he had never learnt to eat with a knife and fork.

Nothing impressive, I gather. I saw a documentary on his eating habits many years ago ( forget which channel ). Apparently he never left the base as he couldn't get grits and sloppy joes anywhere else.
According to the documentary, he never ate out in restaurants as he had never learnt to eat with a knife and fork.
For forks sake

FakeSheikh2

Old-Salt
Hitler should have joined the US Army as he would have got promotion quicker.

UKTAP

LE
Surely he had to leave the base to get his fill of underage girls and drugs?

Today is 62nd anniversary of Elvis joining up, would have loved to hear how his stories of life in West Germany compared to the usual BAOR ones
He sat on a bench and sang "Wooden Heart" to some puppet and showed off his bilingual skills.
Then he went off to Hawaii on discharge and got blue.

It was in all the documentaries at the time.

SDFA

Old-Salt
We had 3 Elvises ( or should it be Elvii?) In APC Pl with 1 RRW, Warminster 1988. It was a bit confusing as they were all Jones's. Instead of the customery Jones 24, Jones 57, it was Elvis 24, Elvis 57.

Was the documentary made by the Daily Mail?

He lived off base, his postman is/was a minor celebrity with Elvis fans doing a tour

To be pedantic he was drafted not a volunteer enlisting. Main difference was 2 year commitment to active duty versus a volunteers 3 years

Latest Threads