Elton John Says Shut-Down The Internet

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Not_Whistlin_Dixie, Aug 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For at least five years.

He claims it is destroying good music, saying: “The internet has stopped people from going out and being with each other, creating stuff.

“Instead they sit at home and make their own records, which is sometimes OK but it doesn’t bode well for long-term artistic vision."

"Why we must close the net" by Sir Elton John. 1 August 2007
  2. So what is his website going to do then, just sit there gathering dust? Where do his "ahem" fans go ?
    Never confused!!
  3. read

"doesn't bode well for my record sales 'cos nobody wants to download the tosh I come out with these days,

>(even though some of his early stuff was great)<

"and I have now become bald, fat and batty to go with it, so kids turn off your computers, Uncle Elton is here to bounce you on his knee and sing you a ditty or two from the 20th Century"
  4. I thought Elton was frightened of a Terminator 3 scenario (a virus linking all computers sends off nukes) but of course it is about record sales....

5. I'm sure it has nothing to do with his royalties being impacted by piracy. Also, destroying "good music"? His music? Personally I think the guy sucks arse, maybe both literally and figuratively.
  6. Wish he'd disappear for at least 5 years...
  7. I'd say the same about you and your DFLP mates.
  8. More like hes got something dodgy on there that he doesnt want anyone to see.
    Doity b@stard!!
  9. Apparently the internet is looking to shut Elton down, queer goings on!
  10. Things have changed for the better , now the guys and girls making electronic music swap their new tunes and remix each others and swap some more , the DJ is about to die a death as the new gen are swapping bass lines and keyboard rifts live when mixing with others MP3's.

Most will admit they have not mastered the new technology at the moment but I've been listening to some very creative stuff and I am very impressed.

You can create at home now what would have had to be done in a studio at great cost not so long ago.

Use a program called mp3gain to get each individual track at the same volume (when mixing loud and quiet tunes together)

Mix and master using Ableton Live 5.2.

Ableton the traditional DJ killer, yeah , no more expensive vinyl!

I'm most likely out of date with the versions, you need a lot of spare time it's very time consuming.

I'm told it's easy to use , well not for me it's not , I always end up crying with laughter at my god awful attempts.
  11. yeah but no but yeah but no but...

"Is that your AFV?"

"No Sir, it's the Army's"
  12. wow, how cool.......

so, in theory then, I could combine Deep Purple's "Speed King", allegedly a song about drug-taking and fast czars 40 years ago, with The Ballymun Regatta, a well known Irish song about boating, and criminality, and no one would be any the wiser?

Bring it on dude....
  13. Strange outburst from Sir Elton, no internet means he will have to buy his Gerbils in person.
  14. Has this CNUT not got enough money....ffs...pah