Elonex One

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Myss, Feb 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone heard of these small size laptops for under £100?! I've heard about this for some time and they were launched today with the idea that they're aimed for those studying; handy sized little things for you or your kids to carry in rucksacks/bags I suppose, but anyone can purchase without having to give a reasoning. Anyway, here's the link if you're interested: Elonex One.
    Interested in your opinions though, thinking of reserving one as a back-up to my main pc.
  2. It i'll be good for kids, and its nowt to do with Microsoft. I think the OS is based on Unbuntu which I must admit is well better that Micoshite, Its a shame that theres no decent games out!
  3. Obviously will have trouble running the top games of today but for Internet access, simple educational games and study it is quite impressive for the price....despite that keyboard.

CPU: Aday5F-300 MHz X86
    Memory: 128/256 MB DDR2 SDRAM
    4 MB Flash ROM
    Storage: 1 GB/2GB NAND FLASH
    Display: 800x480 7!? TFT LCD
    Network interface: Ethernet 10/100 Mbps
    Wi-Fi 802.11b/g (optional)
    Bluetooth (optional)
    Webcam: 2.0M pixels (optional)
    USB sockets: USB 2.0/1.1 port X 2
    Audio jack: 3.5mm in/out
    Battery: 3 cells, 2200mAH/cell
    Weight: 950g(with keyboard)
    Dimension(WxLxH): 230 mm x 146 mm x 33 mm(with keyboard)
    NO CD Drive

Operating System: LINOS 2.6.21
    Applications: Picture Viewer(bmp, jpg, gif)
    Picture Express
    Music Player(mp3, wav)
    Video Player(mp1,mp4,shockwave)
    Web Browser
    Internet Messenger(Pidgin)
    WI-FI AP(optional)
    Games: Blockout!BGalaga!BX Solitare!BXBomb XBubble!BXDigger!B
    X Scavenger!BXSolider, Xpetience2!BXLetters!BXPuyoPuyo

From The Times "The old-fashioned feel of the One’s programs could also flummox modern cyber-kids used to the slick menus, wizards and plug-and-play simplicity of Windows."

According to InGear "The keyboard was slow and spongy and the built-in speakers could be louder but the screen was bright and the software package impressively varied

And it all runs on an ageing chip that was designed before its target audience of seven-year-olds were even born"

Attached Files: