elmpt station

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by john345789, Jan 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am currently awaiting a posting to elmpt station what kind of married quarters can i expect?
  2. how many kids etc?
  3. none its just me and my wife
  4. Depends what is available.

You have a load of quarters that are not PUMA'd/updated, but you will only pay around £70 a month for them.

The newer ones are nice but quite pricey. Have you put your paperwork in yet?

PM me if you need more info/advice.
  5. Mate,
    I did 3 and a half years in Elmpt, i left in Mar 2008. Quarters are good, i too am married with no kids and found the houses spacious (i was in a puma'd quarter near the naafi. It went up as i left to about £170 a month but was well worth. Best quarter ive had in 10 years.

Enjoy Elmpt while it lasts!
  6. He didn't say he had a ten year posting
  7. And you don't know anyone who has done 10 years at Elmpt ? Plenty of people do the 7-16-7 shuffle.
  8. Wouldn't surprise me if a couple of H troop were still there
  9. Yon forgot 628 :wink:
  10. Didn't forget em, just couldn't remember the name and did'nt want to get beasted :D
  11. Doesn't Elmpt close when BORONA happens? Is that due to occur soon? where will 7/16 go? is it true they plan to combine them into a single Regt in Cosford or somewhere like that?
  12. i get there in the summer, cant wait, hope this barona nonsense does not happen for a few years yet.

anyone know anything more about it?

this will be my third posting at 7 sigs and i could not give a fcuk what job i am doing i am just happy to be returning to my spiritual home!!

has the station changed much in the last 4 years??
  13. They are on about (if and when) Elmpt closes, they will move Duss Weeze (Old Laarbruch) to Bruggen, I cant see it happening.

As the previous poster said I cant wait to go back there either.
  14. The Germans wil not allow anymore flying fro Brugen, nor will the Dutch ( over flight / departure through NLD airspace) . Elmptis now due to close on 2010/11 but it all depend son where they send the combined 7/16 Regt, plans for Cosford remain poorly funded. I undestand that HQW ARRC will move to UK irrespective as this is purely polutical decison. 7/16 may remain but life wil;l become more austere as JHQ closes up - no schooling etc!!??
  15. Elmpt is not going to close before 2016.