elmpt station

Depends what is available.

You have a load of quarters that are not PUMA'd/updated, but you will only pay around £70 a month for them.

The newer ones are nice but quite pricey. Have you put your paperwork in yet?

PM me if you need more info/advice.

Mate,
I did 3 and a half years in Elmpt, i left in Mar 2008. Quarters are good, i too am married with no kids and found the houses spacious (i was in a puma'd quarter near the naafi. It went up as i left to about £170 a month but was well worth. Best quarter ive had in 10 years.

Enjoy Elmpt while it lasts!

born_to_solder said:
Mate,
I did 3 and a half years in Elmpt, i left in Mar 2008. Quarters are good, i too am married with no kids and found the houses spacious (i was in a puma'd quarter near the naafi. It went up as i left to about £170 a month but was well worth. Best quarter ive had in 10 years.

He didn't say he had a ten year posting

once_a_maverick said:
born_to_solder said:
Mate,

And you don't know anyone who has done 10 years at Elmpt ? Plenty of people do the 7-16-7 shuffle.

sc_obvious said:
once_a_maverick said:
born_to_solder said:
Mate,

And you don't know anyone who has done 10 years at Elmpt ? Plenty of people do the 7-16-7 shuffle.
Yon forgot 628 :wink:

heidtheba said:
sc_obvious said:
once_a_maverick said:
born_to_solder said:
Mate,

Yon forgot 628 :wink:
Didn't forget em, just couldn't remember the name and did'nt want to get beasted :D

Doesn't Elmpt close when BORONA happens? Is that due to occur soon? where will 7/16 go? is it true they plan to combine them into a single Regt in Cosford or somewhere like that?

i get there in the summer, cant wait, hope this barona nonsense does not happen for a few years yet.

anyone know anything more about it?

this will be my third posting at 7 sigs and i could not give a fcuk what job i am doing i am just happy to be returning to my spiritual home!!

has the station changed much in the last 4 years??

They are on about (if and when) Elmpt closes, they will move Duss Weeze (Old Laarbruch) to Bruggen, I cant see it happening.

As the previous poster said I cant wait to go back there either.

The Germans wil not allow anymore flying fro Brugen, nor will the Dutch ( over flight / departure through NLD airspace) . Elmptis now due to close on 2010/11 but it all depend son where they send the combined 7/16 Regt, plans for Cosford remain poorly funded. I undestand that HQW ARRC will move to UK irrespective as this is purely polutical decison. 7/16 may remain but life wil;l become more austere as JHQ closes up - no schooling etc!!??

The-Goose said:
The Germans wil not allow anymore flying fro Brugen, nor will the Dutch ( over flight / departure through NLD airspace) . Elmptis now due to close on 2010/11 but it all depend son where they send the combined 7/16 Regt, plans for Cosford remain poorly funded. I undestand that HQW ARRC will move to UK irrespective as this is purely polutical decison. 7/16 may remain but life wil;l become more austere as JHQ closes up - no schooling etc!!??
Elmpt is not going to close before 2016.

heidtheba said:
The-Goose said:
Elmpt is not going to close before 2016.
Who's been reading the sun?

A chat a had with my new OC Sqn Goose, last week.

O-A-Maverick, what sort of sh1te are you talking about?

Are you saying I would make a statement like that because I read it in a newspaper? How well you don't know me :roll:

heidtheba said:

Are you saying I would make a statement like that because I read it in a newspaper? How well you don't know me :roll:
Obviously not HTB. I thought you had a sense of humour. I'm not at Elmpt myself but I'm not far away and you know yourself the amount of rumours that are flying round about the closure of both our sites. Sometimes you just have to come out with a stupid comment to see who bites.

once_a_maverick said:
heidtheba said:

Obviously not HTB. I thought you had a sense of humour. I'm not at Elmpt myself but I'm not far away and you know yourself the amount of rumours that are flying round about the closure of both our sites. Sometimes you just have to come out with a stupid comment to see who bites.
Okay I bit :oops:

I have been informed by numerous good sources that everything keeps being pushed to the right, currently 2016, although I don't know about JHQ.

I am not quite in Elmpt yet, but I hope I manage to see my time out there, and I have got a decent sense of humour just not with my current post :wink:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Certa_Cito Royal Signals 2
Certa_Cito Royal Signals 0
threesend Royal Signals 11