Elmpt Station to became a civi airport 2006......

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by Snowflake, Feb 29, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hot of the press , 16 and 7 Signal Regiment are moving to JHQ in the very near future.
    The German government have relised the full potention of a former RAF camp , and have put great pressure on the MOD to release the camp for future development as a civilian airport..
    The success of RAF Laarbuch as a civi airport , has much to do with this decision. After all that huge run way is just going to waste .
    I would not mind going to JHQ , Monchengladbach would be a lot closing.
    C ya now.....:)

2. You call BPFA`s BCFT`s and Drill sessions a waste of a huge runway?

I thought a huge runway was part of the PT Corp CES??

:roll:

3. come on snowflake, where did you get this information from? If you got it from a web site post the link!

4. Fantastic............ :D .............More Money being wasted!

Talking of that.............More Bowman or Cormorant, Anybody?

(The only constant in the universe is change!)

5. Dusseldorf, M'gladbach, Eindohven, Neiderhein, Brussels(Charlois), Maastricht - all commercial airports, all within easy reach of Elmpt.

The last thing they need around here is another bloody airport !

Even if this is true - the contract will probably go to the same mob doing Project PUMA.......................

This means it will be at least 2015 by the time they deliver and even then when they go to put the runway landing lights on the sprinkler system on the golf course will come on instead !

Bol!@cks if you think I'm landing here !

6. Do you think that the MOD will really close Elmpt Station after spending 500,000 Euros on my quarter? I think not.

By the way, I am representing the MOD in the negotiations for Pay As You Dine (PAYD) and NAAFI are about to inject almost as much money into the station as the MOD did on my quarter. If this was true I would have heard.

Happy in Elmpt

COatELMPT

7. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Old-Salt Moderator

I agree - you can't drop a bombshell like that without some sort of hint as to the source. ...Even if you can't state it directly, perhaps you could use a variation on the formal intelligence evaluation criteria of reliability and credibility?

I think it goes something like this:

Reliability of the source:
    A Overheard it outside the RSM's office.
    B Heard it from a mate in the other Regt.
    C Saw it on the loo wall in the Crossbow.
    D Told by an officer.
    E Promised it by MCM.
    F Reliability can not be judged.

Credibility of the information:
    1 Will save the MOD lots of money, and probably cost lives in the next war.
    2 Saves money, and makes life miserable in barracks, particularly for single soldiers.
    3 Will cause lots of upheaval.
    4 Possible. Not much thought gone in to it.
    5 Common sense idea that appears to have been identified, endorsed and funded.
    6 Credibility can not be judged.

8. LOL Really

So spending how many miliions on brand new z type accomodation at Portadown only for 3 Bde to close down a little over a year later is not an indicator about how many times money is pumped into projects only for them to be written off when somebody new decides to re-invent the wheel.

;)

9. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Old-Salt Moderator

Is that official, now? I had heared rumours from a friend of mine stranded on Op OCULUS in Bosnia, who was hoping to come back and get posted to a Bde Sig Sqn in NI. He was warned by MCM that "...the posting may vanish, due to political issues...".

Notwithstanding OPSEC, what is happening? Are they handing all comms over to civilian/PSNI to run? Is it all the Bde Sig Sqns, or just 3 Inf Bde? Is it official yet, and if not when will it be?

I'll email your reply to my mate in Banja Luka.

Thank you.

10. Without hijacking the thread, 3 Bde is closing. Its AOR will be split between 8 and 39. End of this year is what Im told.

I was looking at a posting there but told to forget it. Shame such nice MQ`s as well. Some lucky Irish Reg guy will pick them up for buttons as usual..

Apparently its the effects of drawdown. A lot of sites have been dismantled in the last 18 months.