Elmpt Station - Be Positive

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by GP3_Bunny, Jun 24, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I thought I would start a positive discussion on Elmpt,  I propose to start a list of how good Elmpt station is. Here is my starters - this is my Positives v Negatives:

No more WFB on camp
    No more Godfrys
    more SDBAs and Snr App Ops who are still ASMs ????TEXT

Be positive ;D
  2. Well done Bunny my old son, about time a little bit of common sense appeared on these pages.  Your promotion is in the bag - trust me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. I got a positive...the CO is posted! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
  4. Positive - and promoted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. Positive...will always be laughed at!
  6. Laughing all the way to the bank Wibble?????????????
  7. Not if this RAO or MCM has anything to do with it! ;D ;D
  8. ELMPT Station does some good

Last night I took part in the search for the two young ladies, whilst very worrying for us all it was GREAT to see both Regts get together to help.  Thank fully they were found.  This gentlemen is what the station is all about A COMMUNITY.

Another POSITIVE
    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I am glad to be a part of such a community
  9. It sounds like a lovely place, can I come and visit??  

I live in Holland and I'm trying to get a look at the Army life before I start Sandhurst in September.

10. Agree with you there bunny, it was great to see all the units working together. In a garrison so big, it was nice to feel part of a community, although i now have nettle stings in places nettles have no right to go :eek:
  11. Yep me tooooooo ??? I had to see the Doc as my Asthma kicked in quite horibbly.  All I have heard today is people commenting on the positive side of last night - most common "thank fully they were found"  now off to the itching cream

12. OK lets be frank 82 people have looked at this as of now, so please vote.  I will start with a

Positives List

New Wildenrath Community to start soon
    New improved facilities at Elmpt – Bowling club to name one
    All the hard work our ladies put in for so little remuneration
    A Station Commander who really wants this to work
    A COMMUNITY of people who want this to work
    A Bde Commander who will help
    A GOC UKSC (G) who responds to a station commanders requests for assistance

Be POSITIVE you know U want Toooooooo

If this POSITIVE talk makes you sick at least I have a response.  Negative talk and feelings are not Contusive to success – lets make our community a success, regardless of cap badge
  13. Agree that being positive about Elmpt is important, to be quite honest, its one of the best postings i'v had. Everythings here or close by so as far as i'm concerned its not too bad.

I have to disagree with that. Without identifying what people are concerned about, what needs to be changed cant be. Things wont change because people post their problem on arrse, they need to approach the relevant person in the garrison, or address their problem up the chain of command. I think peoples negative feelings about Elmpt are the start of the process of improving the garrison. :)
  14. Thanks for that you are quite right - it is the tone that helps with putting the process across 8)
  15. I agree it was wonderful to see all of us out looking for the 2 young ladies, don't forget the pilots!

I'm glad they were found safe but it just goes to show how big our camp is. Scarey when you think of the security thing.  Perhaps a inner perimeter fence with simplex locks or swipe cards (i know where will the money come from) but you can't put a price on lives in these uncertain times.

But a big big positive from me bunny  :)