Ellen Ripley from Alien, 17cm tall resin kit

This figure kit represents Ripley at the final scene in the movie Alien (1979), as Ripley, played by Actor Sigourney Weaver, as she discovers the Alien creature in the Space ship lifeboat with her, she gets into a small space suit room and gets dressed to blast the Alien out of the airlock.
parts layout.jpg

the parts breakdown is shown above, lets start with the head to body fit. The face is an uncanny likeness to the Actress, though it does look relaxed, and if you've seen the film, you know she was far from that. Though she does have an intensity that seems well sculpted.
portrait.jpg

profile b.jpg

fit of neck to body is an amazing join, no fettling needed.
profile.jpg

the arm joins are just as good.
shoulder joint.jpg

there is not one fault, cast line, mold line, blemish or flash line. An amazing quality casting.
There is some fettling needed at the major body join . The plug and inner mating surface needs sanding back to get rid of the join gap. This join is exceptionally well placed, utilising the natural join line between the clothing and skin.
torso join.jpg

the only way to reduce that gap is to sand down the plug and inner join mating surface shown here.
filing the socket.jpg

the gloves to space suit fit are a bit tight, they also need a small amount of sanding to get a snug fit.
glove joins.jpg

Robme

LE
As the resident pervert, are you going to include a camel toe? Just asking.

my seller got good feedback on e bay, don't know who produces this kit, is it a knock off of an original? if it is it's very well done. the seller placed two tiny fragile rings that cover the joints at both wrists. I'll have to watch the film clip carefully to see if they are on there and if they are, what are they.
watch x2.jpg

keep forgetting I now have macro, this is 5mm across each watch face
watch close up macro.jpg

a detailed viewing of this clip shows she only has a watch on her left wrist, her right being bare, so I'm going to have to cover that left wrist join very carefully.

Stunning sculpt. The face and hairstyle are spot on.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
a detailed viewing of this clip shows she only has a watch on her left wrist, her right being bare, so I'm going to have to cover that left wrist join very carefully.
She's wearing a watch?

Dads203

Old-Salt
That sculpt has to be one of the best that i have seen in a long while. Outstanding.

No pressure on the painting mate !

I could be wrong, but I thought this was from the second movie, Aliens, when she is suiting up after leaving hypersleep.

EDIT: Don't worry, I am wrong. This is the thicker environmental suit she was wearing in Alien, not the jump suit she was putting on in Aliens

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
bloody hell, the likneness and the detailing on that is incredible.

how are you planning to approach painting the pressure suit may I ask please? it was absolutely pristine white in the film (presumably from never being used before) but I surmise that won't scale well if you just blasted it in pure white...

Latest Threads