Elite US troops ready to seal off Pakistani nuclear hijacks

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Skynet, Jan 16, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From The Sunday Times
    January 17, 2010
    Elite US troops ready to seal off Pakistani nuclear hijacks
    Christina Lamb in Washington
    The US army is training a crack unit to seal off and neutralise Pakistan’s nuclear weapons in the event that militants, possibly from inside Pakistan’s national security apparatus, get their hands on a nuclear device or materials that could make one.

The move follows a series of attacks on sensitive military installations over the past two years, several of which housed nuclear facilities, and rising tension that has seen a series of official complaints by US authorities to Islamabad in the past fortnight.

“What you have in Pakistan is nuclear weapons mixed with the highest density of extremists in the world, so we have a right to be concerned,” said Rolf Mowatt-Larssen, a former CIA officer who used to run the US energy department’s intelligence unit. “There have been attacks on army bases which stored nuclear weapons and there have been breaches and infiltrations by terrorists into military facilities.”

Professor Shaun Gregory, director of the Pakistan security research unit at Bradford University, has tracked a number of attempted security breaches since 2007. “The terrorists are at the gates,” he warned.
  2. Given their track record at "special ops",that's us all up shoot creek without a paddle then.
  3. Hows the view with your head up your ass, ********?
  4. A lot better than yours with yours up someone elses
  5. Son, you dont impress me, perhaps you were a WRAC , or your illustrious career of being pivot man for the RLC circle jerk?
  6. goldbricker, can I hold your virtual coat while you have a virtual fight? You wouldn't want to virtually ruin it now would you?
  7. MY dear young man, if all you can think of as a comment on this post is a personal insult,may I respectfully suggest you move to the N.A.A.F.I.Bar,perhaps it may be more suited to your tastes!
  8. Personally, I think Steven Segal is too old for this kind of escapade nowdays. :lol:
  9. As opposed to your insults towards My countries forces? You didnt mind that did you?
  10. Given that your "special/elite forces have in the passed,managed to have been slightly unsuccsessful with a few "special ops" why should I have confidence in them? I,fought my little cafuffle 24/7/365,for quite a few years,against a very sofisticated foe who "Haven't gone away"! Please donot insult the R.L.C. who also fought this war,and the W.R.A.C. who fought it armed only with handbags.
  11. Of course they do! But they've got quite a few years head start on how to be real experts at it. I strongly belive that this issue should be left to the regional powers,India,for example,who have a direct interest in who controls these weapons,after all they do share a commom border.
  12. Three posts in, and a slagfest already! Beat that, Fallschirmjager!
  13. and if you'd said that in the beginning this would have been avoidable. Instead you thought a cheap shot was easy.
  14. Not quite, you however,bit hook,line and sinker! My position is this,keep the U.S. AND everyone else out of it,it's only going to stir up a hornets nest. India etc. have more to lose in this region than we do so let them get on with it. If they're not concerned why should we be?